Supreme COmmander BEta - Page 2

Supreme COmmander BEta

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

espylaub

Post by espylaub »

So, anyone get their mail yet?
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

The beta won't be for another week at least. With people being contacted before then. Possibly.
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

I haven´t been contacted, all we can do is hope.

...Or assasinare and steal identitys of people who got in...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

damn, That was MY plan.
bamb

Post by bamb »

KDR_11k wrote: Unless I can shoot that friggin dog (that thing that always pops up when you press search asking you what so search for, BECAUSE I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT LOOKING FOR FILES WHEN PRESSING SEARCH IN THE FILE BROSWER, RIGHT?) I won't even take it for free. Yes, I hate that thing so much. KILL!
I use 2000 for mainly the same reason. (There are loads of other stupidities in XP too.)
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Heh, When vista comes out, You can no longer play games. Hehehe. DX10 is vistsa only, Which means any DirectX10 game will not run on Xp or less. It *MAY* un on XP, If microsoft makes an emulation of it. Which they said they would.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Drone_Fragger wrote:Heh, When vista comes out, You can no longer play games. Hehehe. DX10 is vistsa only, Which means any DirectX10 game will not run on Xp or less. It *MAY* un on XP, If microsoft makes an emulation of it. Which they said they would.
No. You can play HL2 on a computer that can only run DX6, it just looks hideous. DX10 games will rarely not have backwards compatibility modes, they just will only look the best they can in DX10, and will preform more smoothly in that environment then other less robust environments.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Cherubim wrote:
KDR_11k wrote: Unless I can shoot that friggin dog (that thing that always pops up when you press search asking you what so search for, BECAUSE I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT LOOKING FOR FILES WHEN PRESSING SEARCH IN THE FILE BROSWER, RIGHT?) I won't even take it for free. Yes, I hate that thing so much. KILL!
Actually thats quite easy to switch that dog of and enforce W2K search style.
Its the first thing i do when reinstalling.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState]
"Use Search Asst"="no"
Ah, okay, guess I'll grab a copy from the RZ tomorrow, then.
DroneFragger wrote:Heh, When vista comes out, You can no longer play games. Hehehe. DX10 is vistsa only, Which means any DirectX10 game will not run on Xp or less. It *MAY* un on XP, If microsoft makes an emulation of it. Which they said they would.
That is assuming developers are willing to make games that only run on a tiny subset of the computers out there instead of going for a MUCH bigger market and making their games compatible to both. It's commercial suicide to make a game that will only run on PCs bought within the last few months.
SwiftSpear wrote:DX10 games will rarely not have backwards compatibility modes, they just will only look the best they can in DX10, and will preform more smoothly in that environment then other less robust environments.
According to MS DX10 changes so much that there is no compatibility between it and earlier versions, a game needs to use two different code pathes in order to run under both. Not like that's going to be a big hurdle, many games already use both OpenGL and Direct3D under Windows and it won't take long until SDL will support DX10 as well.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”