Titanic Situation

Titanic Situation

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Noruas
XTA Developer

Titanic Situation

Post by Noruas »

For my class I am interested in hearing ur argument about this thing im about to say. If u were on a sinking ship and there werent enough life boats, who would u save first?, Think about it before posting plz
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I woullllddddd.....

Probably save my mom, and my older brother...

If you mean non family then, children and old-people...
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

I would think you would have to give us more info on the situation like are with our family or are we alone etc.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

People who were close enough to immediately get access. Definitely children as much as possible.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Imagine if only children got off of the titanic, and they where all stuck on lifeboats with nobody above 14 years old.......

You need the women too, else the children will probably be so clueless they wont survive anyway.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

175 1337|\|355 j00 |\|0|\|c3
And I'd go with trying to get the families on the same boat, maybe one or two a boat and then fill in the space with young people (this is if its freezing cold water you are dead sort of thing, if there was a chance of survival in the water leave the younger men behind I reckon)
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Thanks guys, Pathfinder, here is the situation, the ship is sinking, UR the captain or an ordinary guy(i just need an opinion, no big thinker), who would u save, employees? children, infants, men, women etc.

Also if u saved all the children, would they be smart enough to get saved, because attempting to survive will have high casualties i bet.
Pathfinder

Post by Pathfinder »

Well If i were alone, I would just save myself. If I was with my family, i would save them.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I've rethought...

I and my older brother, if he ain't there, then too damn bad...

If I was Capitan (Cap-EE-tan) I would save everybody from women to children first, then fit as many guys around 14 or so (when they get testoterones) on the same boat.. And same thing for girls..

Sorry guys, we don't need anymore babies!
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

I save myself.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

In all actuality, if I were just an ordinary guy, I'd save myself. No heroics for me, thanks. They tend to get you killed.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

I'd save Jack and Rose.
mehere101

Post by mehere101 »

Haven't you watched an action movie? The good guys always get away with heroics
<End Sarcasm>
FoeOfTheBee

Re: Titanic Situation

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

Noruas wrote:For my class I am interested in hearing ur argument about this thing im about to say. If u were on a sinking ship and there werent enough life boats, who would u save first?, Think about it before posting plz
Fertile women, youngest first? That maximizes total life saved, including potential lives.

Or maybe those with the higest expected income for the remainder of their lives. That would minimize the economic damage of the disaster.

Or you could fill the boats with money and valuable objects, and let the people sink. This is the answer I would use in class, but I was always a trouble maker. Though saying fertile women would cause almost as much trouble.

It really depends on what you want to maximize, or minimize.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Whoever is around me. We all know that picking random people out of a croud will give you exactly who you need to survive, according to countless books and movies.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I'd save the captain and let everyone else die, that way everyone is unhappy.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I would let the People fight for the Places, throw the Winners overboard and take those who kept themself out of the fight into the Boat, then the wounded. That way you minimize the loss for civilisation...
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

PicassoCT wrote:I would let the People fight for the Places, throw the Winners overboard and take those who kept themself out of the fight into the Boat, then the wounded. That way you minimize the loss for civilisation...
yeah that and a load of fat ppl :D
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Min3mat wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:I would let the People fight for the Places, throw the Winners overboard and take those who kept themself out of the fight into the Boat, then the wounded. That way you minimize the loss for civilisation...
yeah that and a load of fat ppl :D
Fat swims and isolates - thosse would not need a boat ;)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”