Was DoomIII scary?

Was DoomIII scary?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Was DOOM III Scary?

YES! (Runs away in abject terror from the mear mention the game's name)
47%
No, it was repetitive, actuion ridden and BOO! jump out of shadows one trick poney blond game?
53%

Total votes: 17

Zoombie

Was DoomIII scary?

Post by Zoombie »

I am an avid fan of Doom III, TA, Starcraft, MOOIII, MOOII, I Found Her (get it its free!), Total War (all three of em), Gothic II, Earht 2100something or other, STKOTORII and I, UT 2005, World of Warcraft, and (Inhale) the holy Half life 2 and Half Life 1.

Now i was just wondering, for those of you who had played it, if you thought doom III was a shit the pants scary as i tought it was. Abject Terror is more like it. Spine Tingaling, Nightmare Induceing, fear ridden hell hole of game. ITS EVIL damn it!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

By the way, this is my first poll. (patts self on the back) ALSO its the first tiem i have ever said shit! on this forum at least.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I would vote just a little if it had that option.
Doom 3 has a marvelous graphics engine and alot of neat features but the concept... :?

I must say that the most scary game i've ever, ever played, was by far Alien vs Predator, playing as a marine. Now that's the kind of game (and only) that made me walk around the house checking those dark corners and checking behind my back...

Sitting, waiting to see where those dots in the motion tracker are going, dammm.

Strangely, AVP 2, doesn't do the trick quite as good. Maybe it's the fact that that music that can't be turned off, always warns you beforehand of the incoming aliens.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Yah, but for some reson its easer to wrap my brain around a race of xenomorphes that the incressingly bizzar and unhinging monsters of hell. I literaly had lay down for a hour after playing the Hell level. I quote form PC gamer: "a balls sivering neatehrworld". Spot on.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”