The never ending battle! - Page 2

The never ending battle!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Are we going to assume that they both come from some sort of not human but humanoid biped form? Or that they are merely fifty legged squid cows that enjoy biped combat armor/bodies? Neither of these are right, as the ARM and the CORE are derived from humans.

Total Annihilation Manual wrote: Paradoxically, the troubles started when science won
the biggest victory of them all-a victory over death itself.
The invention of a process called ├óÔé¼╦£patterning├óÔé¼Ôäó allowed
the transfer of human consciousness, of the human
mind, into machines. This electronic duplication of brain
matrices was made mandatory for all the citizens of the
galaxy. Effectively, it meant immortality; but there were
many who were unwilling to toss their bodies aside so
casually, and others that regarded patterning as a
straightforward atrocity.
Honestly, Core = Republicans, Arm = Democrats.
Storm

Post by Storm »

I looked into that and found no use of the word "human". Read the first page, it's almost the same as yours.

I know Cavedog deliberately tried to remove all reference to humans, that's why I argue...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Well just look at the unit names! They're in english! Clearly we're dealing with humans. :lol:
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Caydr wrote:Well just look at the unit names! They're in english! Clearly we're dealing with humans. :lol:
w├â┬Ârd

Plus, Why would anyone be stupid enough to build bipedal fighting machines anyway? Wheels are much more effective, except perhaps if you wan't terrain friendly units, but we know they can build spiderlike machines, so I am guessing they are using bipedal design because of sentimental reasons.

And anyway, humans or not (clones, whatever), they are still biological, and even if they don't need sex anymore, they can still have it (unless they are like bacteriae and multiply... but why would you need to clone if that was true)?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

pfft they wherent humans, they where Borg, so you can call them humands without leavign out several trillion drones of other species.

Or where they sea anemones that got their ideas from things like transformers and Gundams

EDIT: oo you posted while I was typing! anyways, for one if you're correct then apparently the most effective form fo defence is no cannon or weapon of any sort, but stairs! Think of the daleks! Also many legged thigns are harder to create, more moving parts more co-ordination, it all turns out to eb unnecessary when you just need soemthing like a peewee as it takes longer to build and requires more effort. In most cases it would be voerkill. Though that didnt stop modders in TA.
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

If they aren't human, then some other galactic humanoid civilisation uses automobiles like we know em (some CC urban maps have cars in it), which is unlikely, I think. They'd also need "hygiene pods" (CC links map), like humans.
The Grand Poobah

Post by The Grand Poobah »

Honestly, Core = Republicans, Arm = Democrats.
I think it would be the other way around. The Democratic platform is generally for a stronger centralized government and more government regulations. The Core is obviously the central government.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

And they have to be human, Can you think of any other race that would build 80 meter tall statues to Pasta. Or that would even have Pasta? Or live on Earthlike Worlds, Or ..................
Try their best to nuke, maim and otherwise slaughter each other?
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Actual Manual

Core:
Complete control over it's citizens, more security, less freedom: Republican
Obsession over people not dying. (We must save all we can, things like.. being against abortion, right to die...etc)
I know many fat republicans, many of the core units are rather fat.
Core is more brute force than tactics, Republican controlled U.S. Military = Brute Force. The U.S. bombed the shit out IRAQ, then directly invaded making a b-line for Baghdad. Didn't even bother trying to stage a Co-op or paying Iraqi monkeys to chew Saddam's head off.
Expensive
Red

Arm:
Clones, Republicans hate cloning, they're like "Banz0red"
Not controlled, ordered, yes, but not controlled.
The Arm are okay with people dying, democrats are chill with people dying.
Leaner, not so fat.
Rebels, Seperatists.
Cheap
Blue

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”