Quit picking on people. - Page 3

Quit picking on people.

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Candleman

Post by Candleman »

That's still the definition. What, does "word" mean "I agree" and "dog" mean "friend"?
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Candleman wrote:That's still the definition. What, does "word" mean "I agree" and "dog" mean "friend"?
Maybe in 50 years (but hopefully not).

If you say "Wow, I'm really gay for my friend" to anyone in the US, they will look at you strangely. If you say that you are saying... well, the obvious. Even if you actually mean that you're happy for your friend because he got a new job or something.

If, however, you say "I have a dog", people would understand that you have a medium-sized furry animal, NOT that you have a friend. Same with usage of "word".

Heck, over the past couple of years, "gay" has become the preferred term for referring to homosexual males, because "homosexual" is used so much by right-wingers in a negative sense.
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

I agree that it's most widely accepted definition is homosexual, but I dislike when people (Like lord wille, spammer king) use it to mean "bad."
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I object to it being used to describe anything and everything "That program was gay", "The park is gay", "Why cant cars not be so gay", "f*cking gay cutlery", "omg that music is sooo gay", "The kettles being gay".

Then there's the omfg insults such as "gaylord" or "gay mong", both of which seem like wtf insults rather than ouch that wasnt nice..

Then their are the horde sof homophobic teenage boys who go around calling everything gay, ahem, if you hate gay thigns so much why doy ou say the word gay on average 30 times an hour? Are they really that obsessed with ti all?

ahem, pelase forgive me for my outburst about homophobic peopel obsessed with homosexual things, is cutlery really enough to spark off homosexual isnecurities?
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

AF wrote:Is cutlery really enough to spark off homosexual isnecurities?
Heh, that's not normally what comes to mind, no.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

I use "Gay" as "Bad". I know its not right, but sue me, its become a habit, and the fact is, everyone does it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I also object to the idea that any MMO could possibly be as good as Oblivion. Morrowind, hell DAGGERFALL beats the living crap out of even the best MMO out there.

I think I would rather play Arena then World of Warcraft.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

smoth wrote:Image
I want one of those for my front yard.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I do too.

Like a lot.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

oh no don't let it come near me, we all know gay guys rape every straight guy they can get their hands on, all act really camp and wear pink tank tops and have rainbow coloured living rooms, omg! help! I just realised, there's a cutlery drawer in my -------! oh noes! How do i eat my sugar puffs in the morning! Oh noes sugar puffs! That's like soo gay ttyl
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think thats a joke, just to make it clear to everyone without a sence of irony. Or...er...exageration.
Aun

Post by Aun »

Go and search for hard gay on youtube. :wink:
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

AF wrote:oh no don't let it come near me, we all know gay guys rape every straight guy they can get their hands on, all act really camp and wear pink tank tops and have rainbow coloured living rooms, omg! help! I just realised, there's a cutlery drawer in my -------! oh noes! How do i eat my sugar puffs in the morning! Oh noes sugar puffs! That's like soo gay ttyl
It's a bit sad, but there are plenty of people who're crazy homophobic like that, and you don't even realize they're like that.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think I met one once...
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Homophobia is overrated and very stupid. The gays are friendly (at least those I've met in my life) and harmless. Sure they act in a strange way compared to the macho culture of western males, and it can be unnerving if you are used to macho stuff around you, but apart from that they are really like you and me, apart from a slight difference in sexual habits. Hey, we all have our fair share of kinks, don't we? ;-)

Now, the real issue are those stinking Jews! :roll: =P
smoth

Post by smoth »

Bah, I hate gays that try to hard. Although that goes for emo and gothtards also.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I'm shocked, Smoth. Shocked and dismayed. Why didn't you post this pic?

Johns_Volition

Post by Johns_Volition »

I think this thread has been derailed!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”