HA! me: 1, Virusus: 200000000000000 - Page 2

HA! me: 1, Virusus: 200000000000000

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Lindir The Green wrote:And also, Firefox seems much, much faster than IE.
When I used IE, I got at least 5 adware / spyware programs a day.
ANswered your own problem, bucko. User ineptness does indeed cause things to run slow.
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

Gnome wrote:Now that I've dumped the gasoline on the fire it's time to go back to ignoring this forum and any flames from firefox fanboys
you know gasoline explodes in fire, right? (a lot moreso than other combustable things, at least...) :P

try bugspray on the grouund.. its makes a cool blue fire ball ;)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

?

Half of that is rubbish, for one FireFox patches vulnerabilities faster than IE, patches for FireFox where issued on average around 17 days after they where found, some IE vulnerabilities where patched 100+ days after they where found, some even sparked lawsuits of negligence.

As for IE in a tab for FireFox, I believe your quoting
A vulnerability in older versions of the IE Tab extension allows remote user-complicit attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash).
Extensions in FireFox can crash extensions, just as addons in IE can crash IE. There is only really need for a handful of these though, such as Google toolbar, ad block, and if you want ti the video downloader so you can get videos off of my space and convert them to avi's.

There are several IE tab extensions for FireFox, and the quote implies there are 'newer' versions that don't crash the browser.

btw
min3mat wrote:you don't need linux though. windows is fine, easy to use, free (i know linux is), no hassle etc etc etc.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

@.@
Gnome ffs read what you post?
http://www.secunia.com
http://secunia.com/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=4227
yeah firefox are really suck lolz tehy liek dont evens patch eet lol
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Actually I've just downloaded Opera 9 and I'm very happy with what i see, the page loading is very fast compared to firefox and IE,a and the GUI just looks so much better and intuitive.

My only wish is that I wish I knew how to move the tab tool bar down below the address bar like in firefox.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

80 Pounds for windows? THey still sell that?
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Gnome wrote:IE works fine if you're not a retard, and tabbed browsing is overrated (but not a point to hold against browsers that do have it).

I have IMs, multiple P2P apps, spring mod dev stuff, web development stuff, AV, and some other junk running right now and I'm only at 27 processes. It's not hard to keep your computer running smoothly and efficiently if you just take an hour to read about what everything does.

AF is right about the 1 AV thing, though. Just get a good one (e.g. not norton) and be done with it.

Oh, and min3 said fine, not free.

Another thing, last I heard, that IE-in-firefox plugin makes firefox VERY insecure, and not just because retards can't configure IE to be secure. It opens other holes, I can't remember the specifics because it's not a huge concern to me, but it should probably be easy enough to google.

And finally, http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD ... Myths.html

Now that I've dumped the gasoline on the fire it's time to go back to ignoring this forum and any flames from firefox fanboys
QFT!

IE FTW
Aun

Post by Aun »

I'm trying ouy Opera now, I may delete it just because the toolbar customiser is pissing me off so much. :P

The voice commands look quite nice so far...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Errr...this forum seems to have strayed off its course, its course being:

I beat the living crap out of a virus. Hurray for me! Yeah!
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

/me dances the virus extermination dance.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

i'm using opera now, but all those arguments are NOT pro IE, a handful are but most point to opera.
opera is pretty nice but took me ages to fiddle with, very customisabel and the gestures etc is just awesome
Opera 1
Firefox 0
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

I can't decide between Opera and Firefox. I absolutely love the left-right and right-left click functions to go back and forward in Opera though.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Ah or right click hold, upside down L for new window, and again for back to tab, or right drag to left right drag to right instead of right click left etc
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Min3mat wrote:... windows is ... free ...
I kept wondering that you couldn't be as stupid as to continue thinking that after so much calling to attention of how wrong that is. I am a slow person. That kept moaning in my head, i thought, i thought. Finally i think i figured out. You don't eat shit with a spoon, you are saying that windows is free as in «i have several copies of windows in that pile of burned CDs, entirely "free"». Well, i have some copies like those too :P haha.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Linux is also free.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

FizWizz wrote:I can't decide between Opera and Firefox. I absolutely love the left-right and right-left click functions to go back and forward in Opera though.
That's included in the gestures plugin. Personall, I prefer to use the line-drawing gestures rather than the button gestures for back and forth... but I do love the tabbing gesture (hold ctrl + mousewheel)
DarkOppressor

Post by DarkOppressor »

Doesn't anyone use Maxthon? It is sexy and free and fast and stable and just plain awesome!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

bannnana
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

AF wrote:bannnana
+1
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Blah, Opera prbly dosen't support Flashget... And that's the only pro firefox arguement i need. Better then IE, supports flashget.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”