Sex? - Page 2

Sex?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sex

Female
5%
Male
95%

Total votes: 100

det

Post by det »

Yes, please.
Mugslugs

Post by Mugslugs »

wtf 2% Female 97% Male 1% other?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Other = me!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There's probably a 10% girl to guy ratio in counterstrike, and somewhere around 5-7% in halflife modding, so I don't think it's quite as bad as krogothe makes it out to be...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

1 out of 42 people are girls in Natural selection. Based on the servers I play on.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I know about 10 girls who play natural selection, and I find girls in various NS servers all the time, so they are there...
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

Horay! One female vote!

I dont think RTS has much appeal to female gamers. I dunno why. Perhaps if we added some female units!
diggz2k

Post by diggz2k »

Core commander doesn't count as female?
Oh nm I guess it could just be a crossdressing robot.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

That's what the whole TA war is: Male Vs Female!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

"So that guy tex is REALLY a robot....and YOUR his boyfreind! So that makes you........a gay robot"

"....thats right....i'm a gay robot"
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

I got one of my Ex Girlfriends to play Ta Spring last year lol she hated it she didnt know what she was doing what so eva.

its really difficalt teaching a girl that doesnt play games what so ever to play a game like this lol.
cyclerboy

Post by cyclerboy »

someone should make a mod like this. male v female. male has brute strength but the female has the power of bitchyness. hmm, maybe not
Belmakor

Post by Belmakor »

I know of one girl who plays Spring quite regularly, but she doesn't frequent these forums so is unlikely to see this poll and vote. But y'all can't have her, coz she's my wife :P
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Anyone who said female is a liar. Girls don't play wargames. It's genetic. They can't pee standing up either. :P
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

LIES! there are female Spring players (well, AFAIK there is only one)
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

Caydr wrote:Anyone who said female is a liar. Girls don't play wargames. It's genetic. They can't pee standing up either. :P
That's like saying people have to wash :shock: ZOMG
Argh

Post by Argh »

Yes!! That's IT! The idea I've been waiting for!

OMG.

I WILL MAKE THE FIRST RTS FOR WOMEN!

I have always wanted to do a game for girl gamers, because they're a huge, poorly-served audience, but this could be the ultimate challenge! It'll make NanoBlobs seem like a totally normal, run-of-the-mill game!

Off to the Research Cave!
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

I'll bet its going to be spectacularly mediocre.
Flint

Post by Flint »

Wow only three girls I am so utterly and thoroughly suprised
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'll bet its going to be spectacularly mediocre.
Why? Because I'm making it, or you just don't understand why anybody would make a game for girls, or because you think girls just want something graphically glitzy? I don't get it.

Research shows that women really like games that are non-confrontational, ask for creative solutions and problem-solving, and games that require cooperation between players. Women generally don't like violence, and they don't like "kill or be killed", even if it's kept abstract. Everybody makes a big deal out've girls who play CS or UT or insert-acronym-here because they are exceptions to the general trend.

This could be a very interesting and valuable project, both as a research item (I am pretty sure nobody's aimed a RTS at women, ever) and as a game-design problem: how to design a game that caters to that other half of the world's population? The Sims did it, but I have a feeling it wasn't completely on purpose. Some MMRPGs have done so, but female players are still a small minority.

At any rate, if you don't like the idea, tough. I have wanted to do a game for women for a long time, and this is a flexible enough game engine that it's practical, especially with the tools that are becoming available on the AI side of things :-)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”