Is it fun to lock threads?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I just wonder, because there are such a big amount of them. Other forums don't seem to behave this way.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Is it fun to lock threads?

Post by PicassoCT »

Its like bondage. You were a very nasty boy! You get the locks. No more talking back..
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Afaict the thread locking is a symptom of another bigger problem. But either way I do think it's happening too late. If they thought it was fun they wouldn't take so long to do it.

Either way it's happening over and over with threads containing the same people and the same topics and something has to break the cycle.
smoth

Post by smoth »

My time in the spring community as a game developer was a misserable period of my life where I had to deal with a massively toxic community from the *a players. I was relentlessly hounded by whole CLANS. I bear them no grudge but HONESTLY this community needed a moderator to come in a dick kick it. A lot of the team was compromised with buddies doing a lot of sweeping shit under the rug. So much shit going on that made it entirely unbearable. We had a few people like Peet who did what he could until he had enough and stopped moderating.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

GamerCulture?
Misa so strong. Misa living in mums basement. Misa many. Misa strong warrior. Online no weak, only in real-life. Misa smash all oppossumsitions in fun time.
GamerCulture!

You wont change human nature smoothy. Feel free to mock it though.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

smoth wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 20:18massively toxic community from the *a players.
WIth that not being an exclusivity to *A focused guys. I still vividly remember the flak I got when presenting Maximum Annihilation - I actually had a look at the old topics a few weeks ago and while moderation did remove the worst parts, the instant derailing is still there. I don't know the reasons for this though. I've been to other forums, sometimes even as moderator, which weren't about games in general but most of the time about computers and tech or in other words with a clientele of generally similar orientation. I've never seen issues to an extent like it's the case here. Yes there of course were trolls, insults or people who just couldn't stand each other but it never was stopping any discussion in general when applying a little bit of moderation.

Maybe the teabagging gamer spirit as invoked by Picasso really is a thing? Maybe a small community makes things worse as only a handful of people can inflict a proportionally high amount of damage and right now the community which is active in the forums is tiny which is a little sad (and no - I don't consider what's going on at Discord as a real extension of this forum as that's an apples/oranges comparison from my point of view).

On the upside there were and still are some fantastic people around which still make the forum worthwile... :-)
Plus I don't actually feel like there are that many locked topics. For the most part these topics are splits where a derailing part of a conversation is moved into its own topic in the Offtopic section of the forum which then gets locked up if the beef doesn't settle down...
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

Master-Athmos wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 10:07
smoth wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 20:18massively toxic community from the *a players.
WIth that not being an exclusivity to *A focused guys. I still vividly remember the flak I got when presenting Maximum Annihilation - I actually had a look at the old topics a few weeks ago and while moderation did remove the worst parts, the instant derailing is still there.
Actually from those threads the non-TA-style people are way worse than the *A-players.

In this forum some people simply do not like TA-style games. You see the same comments repeated again and again:
Some people claim TA-style-modders make their made to "be famous" or "to be the next BA."
Then these people seem to take great joy in explaining why their game will fail and how they should not even bother.
Driven away new modders because they happend to be fans of the wrong game.

They think creators of TA-style games have no skills or are too lazy.
TA-style games are holding Spring back. (somehow)
TA-players only "demand" and "ask for more and more."
TA-style games are all the same anyway, they are not "real" games and should just be mutators of BA.
I see so many claims how TA-style games and players are so bad but never see it actually happening.
They whine how TA-style players are so toxic towards them but imo it is the other way around.

It just seems to be fun to bash *A games.
It was acceptable to derail those threads because in their eyes *A sucks anyway.
I don't know the reasons for this though.
Imo people are simply jealous that BA&co got played while their games mostly were ignored.
To them, that is the fault of BA: New players see BA and (for some reason) they think that is all that spring has to offer.
To them all *A games are ugly, outdated, buggy, should be banned. Not even a real game, just lazy stolen mods. They see their games as superior but it is denied sucess because by evil *A games. They do not understand why players play the ugly and buggy BA when their game is much nicer.
All that can be found in many release-threads of *A games or in general threads about Spring.

On the other hand, I saw no such posts from players in the Gundam threads I quickly scrolled through.
smoth wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 20:18I had to deal with a massively toxic community from the *a players. I was relentlessly hounded by whole CLANS.
So I am going to doubt this ever happend.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”