Wiki Update (off-topic split)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

saturnV wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 20:41 I feel bad about having spent this small amount of time on the wiki.

I would like to help out by improving some pages, maybe that will go some way towards improving relations here. What would you suggest?
That's a very positive attitude. I think starting with lua_const that you identified previously would be a natural start. I think the lua_unitdefs (as opposed to game:unitDefs) page also needs reviewing.
saturnV

Re: Wiki Update

Post by saturnV »

You are vastly overestimating my level of engagement, now that you showed to be a post-faking troll.

Devs get their way by threating to stop development.
So why should users not use the same tactic?
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

saturnV wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 01:51 You are vastly overestimating my level of engagement,

Devs get their way by threating to stop development.
So why should users not use the same tactic?
Threatening to not do something you have never done (i.e. you contributing to wiki) is not analogous to threatening to give up on doing something you have become solely responsible for (i.e. kloot being reduced to the only active core engine developer). It wouldn't even have an impact if I said it, and I have touched pretty much every extent page on there.
now that you showed to be a post-faking troll.
To be fair, I forewarned you that if you didn't stop being a jerk, I might do something crazy. 8)
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

Maybe kloot is the only active core engine developer because no sane person wants to join a project where people use their position to blackmail others.
The strange thing is how people like you happily support such behaviour. Until you were affected by restrictions too, whooopsie.

If something was wrong with my post, you could have reported it to moderators. Instead you edited my posts and faked quotes. Yes, you are too crazy to be admin. Your sole interest is to cover your tracks.
It wouldn't even have an impact if I said it
You did not even try.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

I have no tracks to cover :lol:

The paranoid delusion of some people in the (BA I assume) community that I ever had powers beyond closing or moving threads like any other forum moderator is quite absurd. Oh, wait I did - I could also create new sub-forums for projects as requested and ban spam bot accounts. Is this the influence you expected me to wield in your defence? :lol:

Me 'refusing' to update the wiki has precisely 0 impact on any existing or future engine developers and a potentially detrimental impact on content developers. I am not in the position of a striking worker who can remove their labour to parley with the employer and I'm utterly bemused that you can conceive of some twisted scenario where I am. :lol:

If you didn't criticize knorke's wiki additions I would be convinced you were him as this weird fascination for blaming me personally for ruptures in the community is a hallmark of his mental decline.
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

FLOZi wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 18:15 I have no tracks to cover :lol:
You say that you were against botflag and minimum engine versions.
I found no post where you ever spoke out against that, so why do you claim that now?
(other then your mild rage when you suddendly noticed that the restrictions did affect you, too. but that was years too late.)
powers beyond closing or moving threads like any other forum moderator
Admins can add and remove moderators.
Moderation was also not good with regard to botflags and engines-ban.
Not neutral and mostly concentrated on silencing any criticism. But on the other hand moderators completly failed to keep Forbording and Picasso out of BA threads. Forbording was even able to edit foreign posts, close threads in the BA-forum and post in locked threads.
From this sticky thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33523 it seems it would have been your job to prevent such abuse.

Dragged far off-topic - split and locked. (Silentwings)

Please avoid repetitive negative posting, and derailing threads. Be wary of Felony 2

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”