Spring- Among Us

Spring- Among Us

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Spring- Among Us

Post by PicassoCT »

Stupid Question:
But how hard would a "Among us" port to spring be? To big for a LD.
I think the tough ones would be the mini-games.. but the rest..
gajop

Re: Spring- Among Us

Post by gajop »

Would be interesting, and I think the general model can be applied to RTS too (certain WC3 mods had this feel).
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Its just - a completely different style of game enjoyment, that never was merged into a rts before. Its about social interaction and mimicry - while the average rts is all about strategy.

It would be interesting to imagine a dsd game, were the teams have a traitor in there midst and can vote him out.. every 5 minutes..
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

That used to happen fairly often...
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I think I've heard of mafia RTS game modes, where people are doing something like playing a FFA and there is some sort of traitor system. For an RTS in Spring you would need to put the players on different allyTeams, have them be ceasefired, and make scouting expensive somehow. Then have the players play something like chickens and give the traitors some way to secretly make the chickens win.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Can one hide the team another player belongs to- as in what kind of team (arm/core) ?
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Google_Frog wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 09:35 I think I've heard of mafia RTS game modes, where people are doing something like playing a FFA and there is some sort of traitor system. For an RTS in Spring you would need to put the players on different allyTeams, have them be ceasefired, and make scouting expensive somehow. Then have the players play something like chickens and give the traitors some way to secretly make the chickens win.
The old ceasefire CA FFA was the closest thing to Among Us that scratched that dishonest sociopath itch for me*.

* High praise.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”