Core engine needs an arm version

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Engine, specifically spring-dedicated needs to have an version in arm/armhf so that today's server platforms can run it. Restricting the server to x86 is lackluster.
ivand

Re: Core engine needs an arm version

Post by ivand »

Needs? Lackluster? Why? What problems ARM version will solve that cannot be solved by the existing means?

Anyway, I'm not sure if you are aware, but last 6 months spring effectively has no lead dev, merely part time contributors. Consequentually If you feel like it, you can code in the required changes. I'm sure this will be reviewed and merged (even April 1st commit adding support for Russian military grade CPU arch was merged not too long ago https://github.com/spring/spring/commit ... 13a97f2e03 )
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

No, I'm not aware of it but not surprised. So in essence, spring has no players and no developers, but still in strict need of moderators to shut everybody down?
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Jools wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 15:22
Then why the need for ARM servers and this thread, when there is (according to you) noone to serve?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Jools wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 15:22 No, I'm not aware of it but not surprised. So in essence, spring has no players and no developers, but still in strict need of moderators to shut everybody down?
Rail against the man, dude.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”