Could i get the bot tag for my bot?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Domsmasher

Post by Domsmasher »

Hi i was just wondering if i could get the bot tag for my SPADS bot. its name is BotBoyBHS
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: Could i get the bot tag for my bot?

Post by FLOZi »

Post goes nearly a year with no answer.

No lobby moderators actually on the server anymore.
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

well, you gave control of the only really populated game to a trollteam and later banned it.
what was your role there? oh, you supported all that.
You are admin, assign some new moderators from active players.
Oh wait: players left, are you surprised?
now the moderators and devs are leaving too, are you surprised? there is nothing left to do for them.

Triton should still be active?
He became lobby moderator only recently.
I wonder why he wanted to be moderator. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36556
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

saturnV wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 08:04 well, you gave control of the only really populated game to a trollteam and later banned it.
what was your role there? oh, you supported all that.
No, actually.
You are admin, assign some new moderators from active players.
I retired, so, no actually. Also I never had the ability to create new lobby moderators (I only have mod rights on lobby, not admin)
Oh wait: players left, are you surprised?
No, actually.
now the moderators and devs are leaving too, are you surprised? there is nothing left to do for them.
No, actually.
Triton should still be active?
He became lobby moderator only recently.
I wonder why he wanted to be moderator. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36556
No, actually. He wasn't around yesterday anyway.Or now.

We need to appoint lobby moderators from the tiny pool of reasonable people still on the server. For now I gave myself back access to the mod forum as its the only place bot flag setting is actually documented. I botflagged all SPADS accounts currently on the server.
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

memberlist.php?mode=team
Administrators
aegis
FLOZi
I botflagged all SPADS accounts currently on the server.
but you did not botflag the BA9.46 hosts.

In 2020 you briefly complained about the engine bans etc.
You do realize that in years before so many other people had posted the same thing? Ever supported them?
How many threads on that topic did you and your team close?
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

They must not be running SPADS then, cos I literally botflagged everything showing as SPADS.

Feel free to give me account names and I'll do it right now, whilst I remember how to do it.

FWIW, and if I recall correctly (a big if) I was against implementation of multiple engines on lobby server originally (removing the need to keep games updated), then against re-introduction of a minimum version and the weirdness with botflags. I didn't make more of an issue out of it at the time as I didn't realise that it also applied to self-hosted games. I thought it was only applied to autohosts and people could still host whatever they liked on their own account. We all witnessed the outrage and burning of bridges when I realised that wasn't the case.

And what did it achieve? Nothing. Though me and Ares had a cool few rounds of MCL. I believe that BA has been wronged, I have made that opinion clear enough, but being an administrator of a forum does not lend me any power to change the course of the community or the minds that it consists of. I actually don't think Ares is a bad guy - but he doesn't always choose to express himself in the most productive way. Of course, who does?

Now, give me those account names and be civil, or I might just flip out and do something ceeeeeeerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzy again. :roll: :wink:
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

I enjoy felating camels.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

saturnV wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 18:11 I enjoy felating camels.
Cute.

If you paint me a monster, then monster I will become. Don't troll a troll.

For reference; yes of course I know BA left for pastures new and why that happened. I will add botflags to any servers that choose to return, though I cannot do anything about engine minimum version (requires lobby admin not lobby mod rights) so can't address the 103 issue.
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

I really like to tickle llamas.
saturnV

Post by saturnV »

post edited.png
(113.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

:o
Attachments
post edited.png
(75.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

SaturnV, you are going too far. I hate to do this (because it's basically felony 4) but at this point you're getting dangerously close to committing felonies 1,2 and 6.

1. Your tone has become disrespectful, and this is sufficiently unproductive that it's upset Flozi. Please stop.
2. You continue to purely produce unconstructive criticism, not constructive, and you continually try to push all responsibility on other people. Sure, they could (and should!) be taking responsibility for these problems, but you have no moral highground until you get your own hands dirty and take up responsibility you didn't have to.
6. Your lack of respect for the decision the moderators' decisions on engine versions alone has descended into insults. This needs to stop, we have outlined what is necessary to make the situation better.

I understand that you're frustrated. I'm frustrated too. Please, walk away if it's not worth your time, or if you want to stay surround yourself with the people who are actively working to make this a better place, and involve yourself with their projects. But at this point you have no moral highground and if you continue venting your frustration this situation is only going to get progressively worse.

Flozi, as wrong as he may be, please restore his post to what it was originally. Misrepresentation isn't going to make you feel better. Just please don't make the situation any worse.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Fortunately abma has now revoked my admin privileges so my reign of terror has come to an end.This does however mean I cannot revert the changes.

Was it mature? No.
Was it sensible? No.
Did it maybe give some tiny semblance of how things would be if moderation actually acted the way we are depicted? Perhaps not.

Was it the first time I abused my powers to edit peoples post beyond adding warnings? Yes
Am I a huge hypocrite for doing this when I kicked up such moral outrage over knorke abusing his admin powers to mess with Forb? Yes

Do I regret it?

Not yet. :wink:

MasterBel, may I say thank you for a well reasoned and balanced post. On a personal note thank you for noting that I was upset by constant abuse.

MasterBel for admin!
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Locked, perhaps a new record for off-topic.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”