BRRRRRRRRING!

BRRRRRRRRING!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Zoombie

BRRRRRRRRING!

Post by Zoombie »

Last edited by Zoombie on 21 Mar 2006, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

This is the next title in the morrowind series right?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Yeppers. Oblivion looks like Morrowind on steroids. Whitch is good, cuase there is nothing wrong with MW's structure, whitch was actually Daggerfalls structure on steroids, whitch was Arenas structure on steroids...and thats all TES games there are...
DeathHawk

Post by DeathHawk »

will this have 3rd person view ?
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

Tic...tock...tick....tock...tick....tock...tick...tock..tick
CLOCK!
Tic....tick.....tick, Tic...tock...

CLOCK!

:twisted:
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

ZOMFG! I really do hope to play this game, but I know that it is absolutely going to kill my current computer =(
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

DeathHawk wrote:will this have 3rd person view ?
Yes, but why would you use it? the FPS mode is increaably imersive and cool. 3rd person is for looking at your rocking cool armor.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Wow. That normalmapping is ... just incredible. I'll have to save my pennies for a year to play that at a decent framerate, though, just like the last one :P
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I had already been saveing my pennys for years and spent em all on a new power supplie and a kick awsome vidio card.

Yeah...i'm set to go. I'll have to turn down some things, like shadows and resalution, but i'll live in the graphics department.

But its the 300 hour pluse game play i'm looking forwards too... the adventuring, the loot, the magic and Patric Stewert all in ONE game? How cant you not like it?
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

They BETTER allow low graphics settings! (the lighting and physics system do look like teh sex, though)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I've never played a morrowind game. Could someone give me a crash course? I don't think I've ever seen Zoombie so game-horny.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Morrowind is a first-person RPG that is strictly single-player, like every other game in the "The Elder Scrolls" series has been. What has made Morrowind and it's predeccesors so special is that they involve incredibly massive, detailed, and deep worlds to interact with, and the course of action that you take in the game is entirely open-ended (well, within the bounds of the game engine). Just to get an idea, the world in TES2: Hammerfall, was about the size of the United Kingdom in RL, and Morrowind, although not nearly as massive, is itself an enormous realm.
the TES game's are Role-Playing games in the purest sense of the phrase, which no doubt appeals greatly to Zoombie's.... imaginativeness.
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

I have already preordered my collectors edition. Cant wait =)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Read the review in this months PCZone if you can get it, along with the world exclusive Supreme commander article (how cna you miss a cybran supreme commander gracing that first page, and the UEF commander filling the frontpage?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Don't laugh...

So it's something kinda like Deus Ex?
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

HAHAHAHAHHA.... LOL... ROFL...
So it's something kinda like Deus Ex?
Actully I wouldn't have probably ended up on teh floor if you hadn't started with:
Don't laugh...
Anyway... Morowind is more like... ummm, hard to describe. Basicly, I like to look at it as baluders gate/NWN/unreal/GTA... Its kinda, hay make a character, heres teh whole entire world, go have a good time.

Plus, whilest its all on one world, you can download new bits to teh world, extra missions, new items, all sorts of great stuff. Its only downside is that its so open that it can take a long time to do anything... unless you know for sure what your doing.

And the leveling system is kinda cool, what with it just being that, if you walk alot, you get good at walking, if you catch fish alot, you catch alot more fish.

And finaly it looks bloody cool.

And you get a sword.

Or an Axe.

And you can splat people with them.

SPLAT.

Just get someone else to describe it... :-)

aGorm
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I got bored of morrowind pretty fast. Part of it was just wandering around aimlessly not knowing what to do and the other part was constantly spamming the jump button to increase my jumping skill. Understand that I'm not even close to a patient gamer though, and I personally prefer elaborate story driven games to open ended stories. I'd rather play through final fantasy then morrowind or HL2 then farcry. That being said, I think morrowind is probably one of the better games ever made if you have the patience to play through it. And if they did nothing more then learn from the criticisms of morrowind Oblivion looks to be a VERY VERY solid title.

Personally I'm waiting until Bethesta uses it's fallout licence...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

SwiftSpear wrote:I got bored of morrowind pretty fast. Part of it was just wandering around aimlessly not knowing what to do and the other part was constantly spamming the jump button to increase my jumping skill. Understand that I'm not even close to a patient gamer though, and I personally prefer elaborate story driven games to open ended stories. I'd rather play through final fantasy then morrowind or HL2 then farcry. That being said, I think morrowind is probably one of the better games ever made if you have the patience to play through it. And if they did nothing more then learn from the criticisms of morrowind Oblivion looks to be a VERY VERY solid title.

Personally I'm waiting until Bethesta uses it's fallout licence...

Yes they have fixed the aimless wandering thingy in Oblivion. Now you have a handy dandy compass that points out nearby cool things, like towns, inns and dungeons. And when you go somewhere you can instantly warp back by clicking on it in the map! But you don't have to really do anything. dont want to fast travel? Use a horse! Dont want to buy a horse? STEAL ONE! Dont want to save the world? Rob every one blind and join the thives guild? Want to make people go splat, as aGorm so eloquently put it? Join the Assassins guild!

The TES seres started off with a huge world and lots of options. Over time they added in the 'fun' aspect, and i think its coming along nicely.

Oh and aGorms description left out the 50 hour main plot, 100 hour side quests and thingys and 50+ hour just wandering around and killing things part. Oh and the ability's to make your own spells...fight in a arena or watch other NPC's fight in the arena and BET on the fights. Oh and the fact that the Emperor is voice acted by Patric "Picard" Stewart.

Oh and did i mention the impossibly cool FPS melee combat system? And the gates to Oblivion (TES version of Hell) that pop open randomly and you go into and fight through a cool randomized dungeon (i think....Bethesda is tight lipped about Oblivion, and rightly so). Oh and the construction set that allows you to do EVERYTHING the developers could, from adding new continents too...say...putting a level 9999999999990000000000 uber ultra cheating sword in the beginning tutorial, cause your too damn lazy...

Oh yes i am really really excited about this.

(PS: I refuse to use as vulgar a word as horny...oh crap!)

PPS: I love fallout and can't be happyer that Bethisda is working on it
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Speaking of Far Cry, did anyone else think it sucked? I know you shouldn't just a game by its first few levels, but once I'd played it for 2 or 3 hours I just uninstalled it and gave it back to the guy I got it from. Just... I seem to be spoiled after playing such positively brilliant games like HL2 (set standard for quality/creativity), Deus Ex (set standard for customizability and "choose your own adventure" kinda stuff), Jedi Outcast (set standard for... kicking ass and stuff), Metroid Prime 1/2 (....if you've played it, you know what it sets standards for: everything), Halo (vehicle combat and multiplayer)..... As impressive as Far Cry undoubtedly was, I was just bored by it. The binoculars were the only thing I haven't seen done before, and better too.

I mean, as old as Deus Ex is, I am STILL FINDING NEW THINGS every time I play it - and I've completed the game at least a dozen times by now. The AI is poor, the graphics are badly dated, but the mindblowing quality in every other regard makes these two small failings unnoticable.

I think it would be a brilliant marketing decision if Nintendo made a PC version of Metroid Prime, identical to the last detail. But don't release the second one until MP3 is out. Stagger the releases in this way and I have no doubt they would actually get console sales based on a person's experience with this game on the PC. The universally 95% or higher reviews this game got just speaks volumes, no? I mean, honestly, check out the reviews: http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action ... l?mode=web

The only game that's ever been reviewed higher on Gamespot (not that I think GS is the best site around) is Soul Calibur for Dreamcast.

(you posted in the Off-topic forum; you brought this tangent upon yourself)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Caydr wrote:Speaking of Far Cry, did anyone else think it sucked? I know you shouldn't just a game by its first few levels, but once I'd played it for 2 or 3 hours I just uninstalled it and gave it back to the guy I got it from. Just... I seem to be spoiled after playing such positively brilliant games like HL2 (set standard for quality/creativity), Deus Ex (set standard for customizability and "choose your own adventure" kinda stuff), Jedi Outcast (set standard for... kicking ass and stuff), Metroid Prime 1/2 (....if you've played it, you know what it sets standards for: everything), Halo (vehicle combat and multiplayer)..... As impressive as Far Cry undoubtedly was, I was just bored by it. The binoculars were the only thing I haven't seen done before, and better too.

I mean, as old as Deus Ex is, I am STILL FINDING NEW THINGS every time I play it - and I've completed the game at least a dozen times by now. The AI is poor, the graphics are badly dated, but the mindblowing quality in every other regard makes these two small failings unnoticable.

I think it would be a brilliant marketing decision if Nintendo made a PC version of Metroid Prime, identical to the last detail. But don't release the second one until MP3 is out. Stagger the releases in this way and I have no doubt they would actually get console sales based on a person's experience with this game on the PC. The universally 95% or higher reviews this game got just speaks volumes, no? I mean, honestly, check out the reviews: http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action ... l?mode=web

The only game that's ever been reviewed higher on Gamespot (not that I think GS is the best site around) is Soul Calibur for Dreamcast.

(you posted in the Off-topic forum; you brought this tangent upon yourself)
Well, farcry was essentially a tech demo, and it beat HL2 out the gate by about a year. Farcry was a pretty fun game but I really didn't appreciate the open endedness of the combat and pathings. I like games that make me feel smart when I find secret entrances and stuff, even if they are supposed to be obvious and in plain view. Farcry had too few of those moments, it constantly felt like you were solid snake with all the alarms going off. However, I've heard some really good reviews about it, and apparently if you have the patience to slug through the somewhat weak combat systems it can be a really fun game with a really rich story.

Personally I never really got that far.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”