Smoth updaters

Smoth updaters

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Smoth updaters

Post by smoth »

So been gone a while, no I don't think I am a celebrity but a lot of you are like real friends to me so...

Lets see:

Succinct version:
tl;dr Steve Got horribly ill with a rare freak thing and is too much of an asshole to die!

So long story short: for reasons I won't get into, I shut down GRTS. I was not in any trouble or anything, I still play it from time to time :). My new game Idea is on hold until I fix my issues with my version of the shader code and engine(long post there), anyway. No one really cares about all that. Mostly recent advances are discussed in discord, which I have started lurking in. I am interested in helping out with BAR to catch up on spring. I have git and all. So I might pitch in sporadically. Been playing and painting a lot of miniatures games to get a better understanding of a competitive game structure. "What games" malifaux, aos, 40k, 30k, warmahordes, etc. Not bothering to list what factions etc.

So where am I presently, well, the treatments seem to be working, will go back to Mayo clinic for testing in dec. Depending on results and if I can get off these meds, I may return to being a wage slave doing .net and nightly spring stuff like before but a little deminished as I have 2 kiddos and I frankly love them more than spring. My condition still has no name, they are settling on "vasculitis" or something like that affecting the blood vessels to the visual parts of the brain. Had 4 strokes and one embolism(that we know of) in one day. So we are watching closely so I don't fall over dead. How severe was the damage? we are unsure, all tests pretty much have told us nothing, but I find myself notably diminished.

I hope to return to my own project soon but right now I am limited to about 1-2 hours nightly when my toddler sleeps.

Oh and some of the drugs had serious psychological effects so I had to retreat to as private a life as possible. Panda is a fucking saint for dealing with it.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Smoth updaters

Post by Forboding Angel »

Jesus shit. I knew that some stuff was going on but had no idea it had gotten so bad. I'm glad to see you again. Get better dude. And I'm not in the least surprised that Panda has "Dealt with it", that girl is awesome. /waves

Here's to hoping that your situation gets sorted soon. I cannot imagine the suck that must be your immune system eating itself.

Edit: But you ARE a celebrity!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Return of the smooth
Happy you teched up. Great that st panda watched over you.

Wish knorkator was still here to see the band get back together..
hokomoko
Spring Developer

Post by hokomoko »

Take care mate!
Don't die, that's a silly thing to do.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Very sorry to hear what you're going through smoth, wish you a full recovery!
smoth

Post by smoth »

finally had time to get my spring setup on this machine.

Having odd behaviors with fps camera(depressing middle mouse doesn't do free look any more) and the cursor disappearing when I launch spring.exe directly.

Got some old stuff to fix in grts then greenbeans but first I gotta get spring running right again so can fix the glitch I left in the bar armcom :|
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

If your cursor is disappearing under windows 10 and spring full screen mode, go to "Mouse Properties" and disable the "Visibility pointer trails". The same issue may occur in other operating systems where the cursor has an after image following, see if that helps.
smoth

Post by smoth »

that resolved the cursor issue. fps cam still trys to snap north though. making my animation work hard :\
qman1230

Post by qman1230 »

Any chance update GRTS?I love this mod very much, still waiting for a new update of this mod. Or can we help u to update GRTS?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=21911225

Made me think of you..

shown in my references above, Ro60, a potentially causal autoantigen for Lupus and Sjogren's has been linked to commensal bacteria. The study is published in Science Translational Medicine, which is a high end journal, and quite conservative. Plus other studies have reproduced equivalent results.

So these doctors should both update their knowledge and also give you the benefit of doubt.

There is a growing network of doctors that treat multiple sclerosis with high vitamin D doses. Look for the Coimbra Protocol. They also deal with other autoimmune patients. While their protocol is quite experimental, and it poses some safety concerns, it might be helpful to get in touch with more open minded MDs.
smoth

Post by smoth »

qman1230 wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 14:37 Any chance update GRTS?I love this mod very much, still waiting for a new update of this mod. Or can we help u to update GRTS?
No, I shut gundam down as I cannot procure a 100% ok to continue the project. I still play it by myself but no release, no update. everyone had a chance, there was a beta test out for a month before I shut it down. No one even downloaded it, forgive my antipathy but I was tired of fighting people.

My independant ip project was on hold, I may resume it if I can find the time to fix my scripts and all. However, several units in gundam are presently broken due to engine changes, chief of which is mechs unable to reliably target tanks. which would affect my next game also. so until I get that and my shader fixed I am NOT resuming work on a damn thing. Shader is just time, I have 2 kids and a medical condition so I have limited time. Most days I'd rather paint models than fight springs ta-isms or other issues.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”