off-topic RIP BA split

off-topic RIP BA split

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

OPAdolfSatan

off-topic RIP BA split

Post by OPAdolfSatan »

OP adolf is still confuse.... Why is forgotten Rachel still posting on B.A posts? Please keep up with Evo rts mod it needs more balancing. Soon 3 players i think. Im not attacking you m8, i just need some answers. OP adolf is a confuse guy even mando knows that.
Megatron

Re: RIP BA

Post by Megatron »

these developers sound like a bunch of deranged sociopaths with no regard for the spring community.

User was warned for this post. Felony 1. Avoid insulting other users. (Silentwings)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Nice indy server you got there would be a shame if someone Mando spammed it.

Trololo

Seems this is the river where the flea stopped riding the fiddo.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

See, now that's the funny thing. If you run your own lobby server and 103, you'll have even less protection than before.

Reminds me of the days when foxy sexed a rusty vessel. RIP foxy :-(
OPAdolfSatan

Post by OPAdolfSatan »

Forboding Angel wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 02:52 See, now that's the funny thing. If you run your own lobby server and 103, you'll have even less protection than before.

Reminds me of the days when foxy sexed a rusty vessel. RIP foxy :-(
Oh i see protection is good, you do have a point there. I want to ask you how do we protect ba from guys who never play the mod and so called have the rights to balance it? We never had any hacks yet in 103 having to run "our own lobby server".
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Tbh, as far as I'm concerned, please, leave. Go be toxic on your own lobbyserver.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Hey, speak for yourself, I have this guy's registered as a superfund site - this is my retirement plan.

Srs for seconds though, one of this guys will become the new dev. Which means, zero creativity, hard work with old code, zero reward and lots of hatred for the shop that broke the old BurningwAggon. Whoever became bas next forb, you have my pity. I'm sure they expect you to be grateful for giving blowjobs right now. Free protein, and you get to serve the people.

Whoever you are, you are welcome back when it gets to worse.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

The thing is that I never made any balance changes. I updated it's Lua internals. Implemented utilities, implemented resources.lua which meant that I had to then make all the old ceg stuff work, so it was a bit of a project. I also updated some other stuff that was ancient.

Then, I had some ideas for how to make ba play a bit more fun and less clunky. Some ideas were implemented as modoptions that we're defaulted off. Things like units not blocking each other's shots, t1 wrecks not blocking units which would stop the defenders porc advantage from an advancing army getting stuck on it's own dead. I suggested unifying buildpower so that there were no longer discrepancies between the builders. Units being able to turn in place and the ability to reverse. Con buildrange slightly increased so that they don't get stuck when building bricks of solars anymore.

None of these made it into a production version of BA (except the nonblocking wrecks, which was turned off but no one removed the actual code).

All of these ideas were implemented in post. The idea being that it could be done sloppily in post and tested to see if they were even remotely viable, without doing a ton of work just to test that viability. Toggled behind modoptions so that the testing of normal BA could be done without interference from untested ideas.

All of these were aimed at quality of life improvements. If a qol change effects balance, then you weigh the pros and cons of that qol change and if the qol is worth the trouble, then you fix the balance so that you have the qol improvement and the balance you like.

However, I made the mistake of actually writing decent commit messages. Moreover, I didn't think that anyone was stupid enough to not be able to understand that a modoption is toggleable and that just because you commit something, that change is not set in stone.

The BA community has not only astounded me with their inability to grasp simple logic and development workflow, they have truly impressed me with their ability to make an objectively stupid assessment and then stick their finger in their ears screaming "lalallaallalalaa" at the top of their lungs. I used to think that that level of stupid took effort. What I have learned is that for some, it is an innate superpower. Who would have guessed?
Mando

Post by Mando »

PicassoCT wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 09:03 Whoever became bas next forb, you have my pity. I'm sure they expect you to be grateful for giving blowjobs right now. Free protein, and you get to serve the people.
User was warned for this post. Felony 1. Avoid insulting other users. (Mando)
Forboding Angel wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 11:32 However, I made the mistake of actually writing decent commit messages. Moreover, I didn't think that anyone was stupid enough to not be able to understand that a modoption is toggleable and that just because you commit something, that change is not set in stone.

The BA community has not only astounded me with their inability to grasp simple logic and development workflow, they have truly impressed me with their ability to make an objectively stupid assessment and then stick their finger in their ears screaming "lalallaallalalaa" at the top of their lungs. I used to think that that level of stupid took effort. What I have learned is that for some, it is an innate superpower. Who would have guessed?
User was warned for this post. Felony 1. Avoid insulting other users. (Mando)

Can't believe what a good boy Mando is. Helping forum admins to find out bad users insulting.
If Mando didn't help, someone might have thought they are 100% biased for "accidentally" not noticing.

Thanks god Mando is here to help.

User was warned for this post. Felony 10, Felony 6. (Silentwings)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

offtopic RIP BA split #2

RickHustle wrote: 12 May 2019, 00:13 It's problem not SPADS. Bibim don't know how to solve it and it's problem only last versions BA (10.xx). All others mods and old BA 9.46 works perfectly. Stop talking, just try. I'm waisted already a lot of time for testing it.
Cannot replicate on my linux hosts, so in my opinion, you're full of shit.
RickHustle wrote: 12 May 2019, 00:13 Do normal numeration of versions. It's difficult to undrestand??? We don't need to new version every day.We need stable working versions maybe one or two per year. If you don't support BA, it's ok. Documentation about compatibility should be write by man who write it. And the same about other mods.
This is just you showing your ass. Do you seriously not understand how buildbots work?
RickHustle wrote: 12 May 2019, 00:13 I'm really angry already becouse you and other do nothing and only chat that gamers don't want to play at your awesome engine. We CANNOT! Simpy try to do it by yourself, test what i'm wrote and stop empty talking. I'm wrore really hard issues to you by numbers. What are you want from me else?

I don't know where else i can write about this problems. It's looks like nobody read this or nobody want to do this.
It's not bla-bla-bla, it's real issues.
Now why in the actual fuck would I have any motivation at all to help you? This is gonna be rich.

User was warned for this post, felony 1. (Silentwings)

Moved to here, multiple off-topic from same thread.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

can you let ba players have a constructive discussion with engine devs please, you are 50% of posts but you said yourself you have nothing to do with this
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

First of all, this is the general discussion forum, you don't like me posting in it? Tough cookies.

Constructive? I fail to see where any of this has been constructive. You guys have been shitting on the engine devs from the beginning for issues that are your own problem. Not understanding a single part of the issue, and silentwings has solved your problem completely, and the lot of you are still too freaking dumb to perform a simple diff. For crying out loud. Instead of taking the very generous helping you've been given, you sit here and whine.

And then you sit here sobbing *why does no one like meeeee!* And *why does no one just help meeeee!*

Look in the mirror, that's why. And since it apparently isn't getting through, in my last several posts I've dropped some pretty big hints as to solutions.

Your problem has been solved for at least a week, possibly two. In the words of Money Mike: "You can lead a hoe to water but you can't make her think. You dig?”
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

This thread...
AF: please stop writing about BA. I totally agree with most of what you write here. But that's not the point. I don't think it is necessary to defend the engine devs. They have given their reasons, they haven't called for help and so they don't need you to present their cause. You are only antagonizing BA players.
BA players: SpringRTS is is not just an engine, it has a community, a network, it is a platform. It is completely normal for a platform to drop support for old clients. You can see that everywhere in IT and in RL. It happens all the time and is a necessary side effect of progress.
You just have to cope with it. And - as players - being _dependent_ on game developers that means using a non-repulsive language towards them, so that they will have the courage to work *with* the BA community and make BA work again on the SpringRTS platform in a way that is acceptable for both the players and the platform engineers.
Follow Flashs example: he is trying to start PA games, so that there can be a knowledge basis for progress on that game towards a playable BA-on-current-engine. That is the part of game development that players - and only players - can do. Combine that with adult speech and teamwork and at the end of the year you can have almost-BA9-on-current-engine.
Fail to do that and BA is history. Don't wait your energy in fruitless discussions here, invest it into progress.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

dansan wrote: 13 May 2019, 08:42 You are only antagonizing BA players.
I'd say that's good enough reason. I have multiples of them, at any given time, accusing me of all kinds of false shit. One of them even went so far as to say that I was in their discord spouting off racist and homophobic slurs. While anyone that knows me knows that that is quite literally the last thing I would do, they say it, others believe it, lies get propagated. It got so bad to the point that somehow they were convinced that I invented botflags... recently.

So perhaps I am antagonizing them. They have done far worse towards me. At least I'm being helpful... in the least helpful way possible. I have told them how to solve their problem somewhere around 4 times now? It's not my fault that they are incapable of putting 2 and 2 together. Petty? Absolutely. Satisfying? I drink their sweet, sweet, hot blooded man-tears.

But seriously... How do you get this far in life without knowing how to use ctrl+a, ctrl+v?
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Forboding Angel wrote: 13 May 2019, 01:29
Cannot replicate on my linux hosts, so in my opinion, you're full of shit.

This is just you showing your ass. Do you seriously not understand how buildbots work?

Now why in the actual fuck would I have any motivation at all to help you? This is gonna be rich.
I suggest temporarily ban this user. Constructive conversation with him is not possible. I don't think that he is developer or player. I described technical problems and, instead of an adequate response, I received only personal insults. I think that this user has no place in the circle of like-minded people.

Report posts which you feel are against our forum rules, but please avoid backseat moderation and be wary of https://springrts.com/wiki/Felony#4. (Silentwings)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

RickHustle wrote: 13 May 2019, 10:53 I suggest temporarily ban this user. Constructive conversation with him is not possible. I don't think that he is developer or player. I described technical problems and, instead of an adequate response, I received only personal insults. I think that this user has no place in the circle of like-minded people.
Back seat moderation

Report posts which you feel are against our forum rules, but please avoid backseat moderation (including when it involves pointing that same finger at other users!). Avoid any impersonation of moderators - red text removed & edited. (Silentwings)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”