List of staff

List of staff

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

List of staff

Post by Jools »

Is there a list somewhere of the current staff (moderators etc) and also of how long they have been on their current position?

You know, for transparency if that still means anything.
Silentwings

Re: List of staff

Post by Silentwings »

I don't think anybody keeps a list of dates of who became what when, or knows exactly what is meant by 'staff' in Spring, but there is memberlist.php?mode=team linked to at the bottom of every forum page.

Also, from a tab within your user control panel you can view the current membership lists of all usergroups (content devs, engine contributors, etc).

Queries about phpBB are often answered in faq.php
faq.php#f4r7
faq.php#f4r3
gajop

Post by gajop »

I think the permission assignment dates might be visible in the moderator log for those with adequate permission (perhaps admins?). I can't seem to be able to see that.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

There is a reason that we have term limits and I don't think that we have any moderator at all here who is fresh enough to have been on his seat less than 5 years. Even Vladimir Putin, Erdogan and African dictators have more rotation that that. The reason is that after a few years you become complacent, lose your ability to think outside the box, and also because we want to prevent a culture of mismanagement. That's why it's healthy to rotate at least senior staff with an interval.

Anyone can see this is not happening here and how it is affecting the community, except the moderators themselves of course. I would be helpful if they at least would be engaged enough into the community to be interested in compiling such a staff list.

The difference with persons such as Vladimir Putin is of course also that he was elected.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Ah of course you weren't just looking for information. Well I'd be in favour of elections and even relinquishing my position if there was a plan for it -> we actually need more mods (not less), especially to moderate the lobby. I'm not interested in devising a complicated election mechanism, but I invite people to nominate others for mod positions.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I am quite happy with my position as Spring dictator general glorious leader for life. :roll:
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

FLOZi wrote:I am quite happy with my position as Spring dictator general glorious leader for life admin that comes online once a month. :roll:
FTFY. But maybe you actually use your powers for good once per year, so all is well.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I visit the forum multiple times daily, even now. :roll:

I only recently became lobby moderator with the unification of lobby/forum roles, so I've never been particularly active in that role. :wink:
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

FLOZi wrote:I visit the forum multiple times daily, even now. :roll:
Less is more.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

It would be nice to give me some power :-)
Most people here don't know me well, but I've worked quiet hard to make BA community less toxic. Having a bit more power would help me.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I could be a moderator too..

I have it all - the long community history, the thirst for power
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

triton wrote:It would be nice to give me some power :-)
Most people here don't know me well, but I've worked quiet hard to make BA community less toxic. Having a bit more power would help me.
Honestly, at this point with the community: any change is a change for the better. And also the point that bringing in new people gives it a fresh perspective.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

PicassoCT wrote:I could be a moderator too..

I have it all - the long community history, the thirst for power
That's how flozi because moderator too, he just asked for it and people said what the heck, let's try.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

gajop wrote:Ah of course you weren't just looking for information. Well I'd be in favour of elections and even relinquishing my position if there was a plan for it -> we actually need more mods (not less), especially to moderate the lobby. I'm not interested in devising a complicated election mechanism, but I invite people to nominate others for mod positions.
This sounds reminiscent of Stack Exchange, users gain minor privileges then compete with each other in a multi-round process to win votes from the community for a moderator election
gajop

Post by gajop »

Well, we enabled total karma being shown in the profile, so you can see which user are popular. Not enough to choose mods, as those likes can be received just by being a strong art/code contributor, but it might give us something to begin with.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

hi make Picasso and I admins, thanks
hokomoko
Spring Developer

Post by hokomoko »

Ares wrote:hi make Picasso and I admins, thanks
k, on it.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

I would sculpt this community into art - the social equivalent of a black hole, so attractive, it draws in all the masses- into molasses- a working camp of spring fanatics. With one lonely guardian, on the watchtower, keeping you all inside, safe and warm.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

gajop wrote:Well, we enabled total karma being shown in the profile, so you can see which user are popular. Not enough to choose mods, as those likes can be received just by being a strong art/code contributor, but it might give us something to begin with.
I think this is very bad change. It's a change that company like facebook would do and approve. A good "cop" can be unpopullar, and a bad one can be very popullar for example.

People will now think, will my question be liked? Oh no this subject is hard to discuss, I am not sure I will do it well, lets avoid it, etc..
I see many reasons to dislike it, and only few reasons to like it.

Some people might avoid controversial subjects.

It's like showing TS in lobby to players, it's double edge sword. And it also have some very negative aspects.
I hope I am clear enough :)

Would it be possible to hide ts? There are reasons why in most games, for example league of legend, you cannot see your casual ranking even if it's used to balance the game.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I think it's related.

On that topic go watch : Black Mirror S03 E01 · Nosedive
And this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJRjomY6xyc
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Can we at least get imaginary titles like 'chief officer of art and minister of infernal affairs '

My ego its strohking

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”