Re: Discord My Content (split)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I find these crusades by OS warriors vs free services to be utterly pathetic and detrimental to OS projects as a whole.

OS crusaders love to cut off their nose just for the express and perverse pleasure of spiting their face. How do you manage to survive in this particular world?

[large graphic - removed]

User was warned for this post, Felony 1. Please avoid insults and take care to criticise constructively. (Silentwings)
nixtux
TechA Developer

Re: Discord My Content

Post by nixtux »

@forbs where did that come from OS warrior, what utter BS to try and score points, I first discovered there TOS when looking into adding my own discord bot on a spring channel, at least I did my homework and checked before hand.

Atm I think this is a discussion for spring admins, to see if these types of relay bots are allowed here. Ie the type that hold ownership of whatever is relayed.

And just so you don't think I'm singling you out, I have issue with using riot here also. But need to finish fully reading there extensive TOS first.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Atm I think this is a discussion for spring admins, to see if these types of relay bots are allowed here. Ie the type that hold ownership of whatever is relayed.
Last edited by Forboding Angel on 28 Jun 2017, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Forboding Angel wrote:I find these crusades by OS warriors vs free services to be utterly pathetic and detrimental to OS projects as a whole.

OS crusaders love to cut off their nose just for the express and perverse pleasure of spiting their face. How do you manage to survive in this particular world?

User was warned for this post, Felony 1. Please avoid insults and take care to criticise constructively. (Silentwings)
Wiki forum rules wrote:avoid emotionally loaded words and personal insults;
Please point out the personal insult in the first quote? If anything, it was broad and general.

@silentwings, this is like the 4th time in recent memory that you you have misread forum rules.
https://springrts.com/wiki/Forum_Etiquette

Even if you just read the posts you would get this:
1. No flaming or insulting of other users, respect for all other users is mandatory and assumed regardless of postcount, amount contributed, or time active.
That implies a personal or specific insult towards another person. Once again:
Is rather broad. Perhaps this wikipedia article might help:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_you
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

For the curious, unconstructive insults are not welcome in this forum - regardless of whether they are directed at single, plural or loosely specified groups of other users.

Split posts on "OS warriors" from viewtopic.php?f=71&t=36272#p582442, locked.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”