community blog permissions wanted

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

FLOZi wrote:However due to your previous abuse of the associated powers, Jools, you are not in that group.
I deny that this has ever happened, you have never heard my side of the story.

split from viewtopic.php?f=38&t=32596&start=40#p577971 -- abma
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Posting rules / hints

Post by abma »

still the possibility exists, that you post your "release" to a different forum and a moderator moves the thread to the community blog.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Posting rules / hints

Post by Jools »

You expect people to be motivated to do free work when you treat them like second class citizens?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Administrator permissions wanted

Post by abma »

you didn't follow the forum rules, why should we give you more permissions?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

You expect people to...
We do expect people to follow the forum rules - and this includes not abusing subforum rights that are given for the purposes of sticky/announcing threads. We are also happy to see people who enjoy working on Spring related projects, but we do not expect it of anyone; that part is optional.
I deny that ...
I don't think denial is going to get you anywhere here - of course people are reluctant to give responsibility to those who mis-used it in the past and don't admit error. I can't think of any circumstances in which abusing sticky/announce/etc rights to close a report that was made about one of your own posts, can be viewed favourably. (And, especially not when the report was made by a moderator, to ask that another moderator handle it.)

You are of course free to give "your side of the story". If you want to ask for subforum rights back (?), a pm to the administrators group is the best place to do it.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Please rename thread, the title is misleading. And also it does not belong in off-topic.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It belongs in pm - off-topic is as good a match as any.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: community blog permissions wanted

Post by Jools »

Thanks for changing the title at least, this has nothing to do with admin permissions.It is related to spring though quite a bit, which is why i don't believe it belongs in the off-topic section:
Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!
But of course you can have different opinions about that. But since about 50% of all threads get split into the off-topic section, this is soon becoming the only "topic" section, ironically. :)
Silentwings

Re: community blog permissions wanted

Post by Silentwings »

Au contraire - amongst currently active threads, you have only viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35052 for company in the off-topic forum.

This one should continue in pm, if wanted.

Locked.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”