Everyone ok?

Everyone ok?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Everyone ok?

Post by smoth »

With the recent events in France's just checking in with you guys
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Everyone ok?

Post by Jools »

My brain hurts!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Zwzsg is alive and confirmed well!
smoth

Post by smoth »

Good
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

They only killed a hundred or so people, we got half a hundred millions more in france!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Yes, and the hundred people - whos ever gonna know what they could have done. The incredibleness of futures colapsing like giant towers, silent and away from you, not leaving anything, not phantom pain. You never gonna hear that symphony, you are never going to read that book she would have written- you will never play that game, they would have made.
You will never become the person, you could have been.
You will never realize that something of the potential of life has faded that night.
Needlessly, a road not take, a door not opened.
There is no you now. Only ou.
Now limp away ou.
Life what is left.
I ou.
smoth

Post by smoth »

yeah, every time those dickbags do this sort of thing I end up staying up that entire night mourning it. They pretty much kill, rape, bomb whatever daily but this many in on day, it is hard to swallow.
otyugh

Post by otyugh »

Althought it feels kind of like an injustice to specialy mourn people that died in France ; it's a rich country and we have the habit to carry wars, exploitation and charity stuff far away from our eyes. Now that we got a little scratchy (for a country) people almost think we are at war. Looking for security bullshit.

And nobody question the fact that we sell killing stuff to all the countries everywhere and we never paused. We exploit so many countries the most spectacular example being Africa. Also when we could show up some humanity with refugee we just deny them the most simple rights and treat them like animals... Somewhere it's the case of most rich country, I know ; I just think there is a problem with that, and terrorism is like, small medal of retribution ; I don't think we are entirely innocent, most of us accept our life as it is ; "our life is okay, let's just enjoy stuff without questionning".

All in all, I'm very surprised we do not have this more often. Also I'm very surprise they don't look for our nuclear installation which would kill million of us, not just some hundred. If I was going to waste my life away, I would really kill the ennemy, not just go for a bunch of symbolic civillians.

I know most people think this kind of speech is sick. But I just turn it on different angle and just guess this is the most valid way to see it ; great injustice throught time, little scratch ; no significant statistical danger for any french people to die from terrorism.
But, and this is quite sure, we will get some kind of stupidity like the "Patriot act", and that is just a fucking shame, because I feel like people will be too much occuped to being scared or "mourning" for people they never met but happened to be french of nationality. What a selective way of being scared of stuff hapenning in the world. Guess it's what patriot do : care for your fate based on your nationality.

I really don't understand why smart people - lot outsmarting me in all the field I know - just fall for this psychosis.
Last edited by otyugh on 17 Nov 2015, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't agree with any of that. However, opinions are valid to the individual, please do not turn this thread into a political discussion, I only asked if our springers are good to see and anyone heard from them. I don't care the justification, these are specifically targeting civilians as opposed to people suffering as part of the collateral damage or incorrectly targeted locations mistaken for enemy assets. Even still the "war on terror" is a colossal fuckup and we are trying to nail a raw egg to the wall with about as much success. Please, lets not make this about politics.

"scratch" or not, people feel strongly, I would rather not belittle the suffering of anyone.
otyugh

Post by otyugh »

We are more than humans little tribes, we are fucking esotoric big nations, so we can't just trust our guts, we must use the brain. Most of us just feel theses scared emotions because medias are so good at their job. We should not let them push stupidity forward, I think it's all important. You can't trust your guts on theses globalized shit. All more important than mourning people picked on their national card is to stop the crowd madness that raise from such act. Is this even politics ?

Sounds more like rational, dumb, 1+1.

I accept a blame (or insuts) for this one. I just had to empty my bag, all done now.
smoth

Post by smoth »

It could become that. Also, very ugly assumptions. Welcome to my foe list.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I'm afraid that we don't allow political discussion, even in the off-topic forum.

Locked. (https://springrts.com/wiki/Felony#12.)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”