Ashes of the singularity - Page 3

Ashes of the singularity

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Super Mario

Re: Ashes of the singularity

Post by Super Mario »

Why are you guys responding to a post that I have made months ago, in a subject that I have lost all interest already?
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

After watching a replay on youtube I hope there will be a demo, since the gameplay seems not very interesting atm. Might still be fun, but watching it didn´t make me want to play it. The GUI seems a bit strange to me with the big health-bars and those army-info-icons.

Does someone here play it already?
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Played it. Pretty good game. Has major flaws in unit control though: units react slowly and can't be moved to an exact spot. Also no custom line movements. Forming armies is a joke which makes unit behavior even worse. This game would benefit greatly from widgets like we have in BA.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Im afraid that the game will be released too soon and bashed with bad reviews at launch date. Stardock has a bad habbit of releasing unfinished games and then spending years working on them. The latest galactic civilizations showed how unreleased the game was.

Ashes currently has a lot of control issues, and for so many technical developments that the game say's it has, like fully simulating projectiles and line of sight massive scale, the game barely uses these features to actually provide interesting mechanics, the line of sight we have in ashes is close to being the same one used in every generic RTS including TA. Full projectile simulation is interesting to watch but again doesn't server any purpose whatsoever in it's mechanic's. Repair unit's behave like any generic repair unit would.

The army feature so far is worse than individualy controling the unit's, even the scale of the game is smaler than supreme commander.

Even though i do enjoy the game i have a very hard time believing it will have any kind of sucess because it just doesn't excell at any particular thing, it tries to do everything all at once and fail's badly in each and every one of them. I cannot for the life of me understand why they wanna release it in march.

The game has a ton of crash and disconect issues, multiplayer barely even works properly, it has to be delayed.....

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”