Forboding Angel in Novawar says SC2 Tournament!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

https://youtu.be/OE7LFCcCQ4U

I don't main toss, in fact haven't played it in years. I main Zerg and Terran. It was a fun game though. Hero hallucinated archon ftw.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Re: Forboding Angel in Novawar says SC2 Tournament!

Post by Zydox »

Was nice to watch... I guess you are strongbeef?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Oh oops, I forgot to mention that, yeah I'm Beef.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Judging by the commentators neither of you did a decent build order, is this a noob elo tourney?
Also I expected you to be called SC2SucksGoPlayEvoRtsAtWWWevolutionrtsINFO
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

There are 3 races, Protoss, Terran and Zerg. I main Terran and Zerg and rarely if ever even touch protoss. I had talked to foxy before the game and found out that he mained Zerg. The tournament rules stated that you had to play random, so if you got an off race, tough shit, make the best of it.

I couldn't remember the timings for a protoss donth8the4gate, but I remembered it was something along the lines of 9 pylon, 12 gate, 13 gas, 14 gas, chrono the hell out of your warpgate research. I missed some of the timings, and I put my pylon forward way early, just so I wouldn't have to worry about my 4gate getting shut down because my probe wandered too close to a wayward stalker. I was also playing as though I were in the lotv beta (the timings are completely different and you have to aggressively expand all over the place).

Usually in a 4gate you 100% commit, you cut probes and give it your all. I didn't cut probes at all, in fact, I expanded while executing the 4gate, all of this is stuff you would never do during a normal 4gate, but I didn't want to be caught with my pants down economically if I went up his ramp and proceeded to screw the pooch. When that immortal came out, that's your first indication that your 4gate has failed. I missed a crucial forcefield on his ramp. Actually I didn't miss it, but the game doesn't show you the spell range of sentries, and as a result sent my sentry too close to his units to cast the ff and it died. That was a huge fuckup, in fact, when I did that I was pretty sure I had lost the game.

Sc2 is very much a timings and numbers game, which makes the overall strategy and tactics a lot deeper than a lot of games I've played. However, it's so black/white so often that it makes it a very frustrating game to play.

Anyway, yeah there was a lot going on, even in a game like that.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”