New Computer

New Computer

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Senna

New Computer

Post by Senna »

Finally I have the computer completed! ive checked some settings on it and i think i did a good pc

Motherboard: FX990 EXTREME9

CPU: FX9590 OCTA CORE

water cooler: seidon 120v mounted with 2 turbo delta coolers 1 each side

RAM: GSKILL 4X4GB Ripjaw X 2400mhz 16gb ram

GPU: Crossfire 2X R9 270x sapphire plus on the side 2 cooler of 24volts 120mm over 100cfm each for helping cooling the gpus

PSU: XFX 850 watts modular

Data:1 SSD occ vertex4 with 128gb and other 1tb hitachi with 32mb cache

Driver: Blu-ray writter LG

Case: is a Cooler Master K380

also 1 manually cooler controller for 24volts and other for control manually 3 coolers of 12v they conected to the pwm of the motherboard

So in total i wasted about 2200 usd dollar, i mounted with 7 server coolers 3 of them works with 24volts.
There is in total 13 coolers.

Doing the tests, on cinebench r15 with stock cpu and 1gpu it did 720CB cpu and 107 FPS open gl
The cinebench r15 did not detected the crossfire gpus

The temperature of the cpu was around 55 celsius on max stress during 1 hour, ambient temperature was 33celsius, so means the seidon 120v with 2 turbo delta coolers of 12 volts at max its working even better than the corsair h100i.

Soon i will make a video
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: New Computer

Post by Forboding Angel »

For all the money you spent I would have put it in a server case (full size case, not a mid), but it looks rather beastly.

You spent 2200, and still bought not one but 2 AMD GPUs. :roll:
gajop

Post by gajop »

I'm doing a major PC upgrade as well, so this is inspiring. Looks beastly indeed. Does it run Spring? xD
Senna

Post by Senna »

As i said before, Looks like it took a while, but i had no time (mutch work and really busy with RL).

Finally i made the video and posted on Youtube.

Hardware Specification:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WPqyI5HSjE

Software Test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBUQ-Bn5lTo

:)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

While I love good cooling, you have the problem of putting all of it in a case that is too small to have enough incoming airflow due to the amount of blockage.

All those components look sexy as hell, but tbh, you need to pony up another 100 bucks for a full size case. A mid is simply too small for the hardware you have.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Forboding Angel wrote:While I love good cooling, you have the problem of putting all of it in a case that is too small to have enough incoming airflow due to the amount of blockage.

All those components look sexy as hell, but tbh, you need to pony up another 100 bucks for a full size case. A mid is simply too small for the hardware you have.
Ok i know what u mean, but ive tested all on an temp ambient of 41 celsius, and the temps on cpu usage at max dont pass 60 celsius.

Testing with furmark GPU'S During 2h, around 68-69 celsius each GPU.

I think with a colder ambient temp, also less celsius.

Well if u mean, on future if i want to upgrade then yes i need change the case, but i think this setup is for years.

Not going to update soon
tmokbel1965

Post by tmokbel1965 »

You are so lucky. I've always wanted to build my own computer, but have never managed to find the time nor the money. hehe. A late congrats :)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”