go play grey goo you slackers! - Page 2

go play grey goo you slackers!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: go play grey goo you slackers!

Post by PicassoCT »

Get a game!
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I'm not really in a rush to pay AAA-level price for a multiplayer game that apparently most people don't know about. I'll probably eventually buy it when it's on sale, the devs have had more time to fix little bugs and put out new features, and the multiplayer community is more established.
gajop

Post by gajop »

I heard it also has a single player campaign much like SC2.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I have not completed it but so far it isn't the same. From what I have read, the game has like 3-5 levels for each faction. No word on a major cliff hanger, just something similar to metalfatigue/supcom where they will likely have to fight together to slay a bigger common enemy. At least that is what the spoiler threads have. I really want to get back to playing this but no time right now. It is this or spring and I want my game started.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I think the goo makes a lot of sense for a game that has both the goo's new economy as well as two traditional factions. We've seen the micro and balance hell that is exponential growth, the alpha aliens in E2160 were total arse in terms of balance and when you've got hundreds of little critters that can all replicate you have a ton of busywork on your hands. Perimeter's morphing units felt more like cooking recipes with the tight unit cap and manually inputting the production orders.

The goo is a middleground where you produce one mother goo blob for each resource spot as well as nomming the occasional enemy unit to get more resources. You don't get to revert produced units back into basic goo but I expect that to be a balancing thing, after all the other factions can't change their unit composition quickly either and the goo is already the most flexible because it can go from stored resources to a deployed army in seconds. The need to manually milk your mother goos is unfortunate but they really couldn't have infinite storage on those things or the goo could re-max its army way too quickly.

The overall unit design feels very lame though, very much copypasta and I'm no fan of those epic units.
smoth

Post by smoth »

they have an option to disable the epic units I thought?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Dunno, I'm going through the campaign so far and the 15th mission loves to spam epics at you...
LordMuffe

Post by LordMuffe »

Just a hint for those, who are still interested in Grey Goo, but didn´t want to pay much for it.
It is part of a Humble Bundle sale:

https://www.humblebundle.com/jumbo-bundle-10

It won´t get cheaper than this AND you get the adorable Epistory with it. Well worth it imo.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”