Yes, because years of hard work and persistence had nothing

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

...to do with it.

http://i.imgur.com/D9j656b.png

You truly are a loathsome human being.

User was given 2-week ban for reaching 5(!) warnings mainly due to this thread. (Felonly 1, Felony 6)

Intentional flaming and ad-hominem attacks will not be tolerated from anyone.

--FLOZi
Anarchid

Re: Yes, because years of hard work and persistence had noth

Post by Anarchid »

"I've found that a guy i dislike posted a comment that i can probably get angry at if i try very hard by misinterpreting it as much as possible into a form as malicious as i can imagine - so i'm going to make a drama post on forum about it"
knorke

Post by knorke »

Someone in #newbies channel asked about Dgun, AA, BA etc.
I did not bring up BA, he asked about it on its own?

full chat:
<sturmadler> what happened to my dgun?
<sturmadler> ^ there should be a newb guide called that
<sturmadler> I used to play TA
<sturmadler> then I played Balanced TA and Absolute Annihilation for a while in 2006
<sturmadler> I played Supcom, FA, and I own PA
<sturmadler> please explain the philosphy behind this one
<[2up]knorke> <sturmadler> what happened to my dgun? - what do you mean?
<sturmadler> the comm
<[2up]knorke> in Balanced Anni? its still there
<sturmadler> it has a paralyzer gun like the spiderbot
<[2up]knorke> ah in evo rts?
<[2up]knorke> yes there it is an emp
<sturmadler> what is evolution RTS, and why is it being advertised on steam instead of spring
<sturmadler> ?
<[2up]knorke> it is one of several spring games. (others are balanced annihilation, zero-k etc)
<[2up]knorke> as for why only one is advertised instead of whole spring..politics
<sturmadler> boo
<sturmadler> Anyone going to bring AA back?
<[2up]knorke> BA picked up where AA stopped
<sturmadler> ok, how do I use this client to install BA?
<[2up]knorke> there filter, turn it off and lobby shows all games
<[2up]knorke> in battle browser tab thing
<[2up]knorke> think it is red X on right side to disable filter? not sure, try it out
gajop

Post by gajop »

Do you have one of these in your place? Why you take everything knorke does with such negative prejudice is beyond me :/
Attachments
wantedposter.jpg
wantedposter.jpg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

gajop wrote:Do you have one of these in your place? Why you take everything knorke does with such negative prejudice is beyond me :/
You obviously don't pay much attention to the goings on around here.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

knorke wrote:Someone in #newbies channel asked about Dgun, AA, BA etc.
I did not bring up BA, he asked about it on its own?
Are you really so thick as to think that BA has anything to do with this topic?

Who said shit about BA? I don't give a fuck what he plays.
<sturmadler> what is evolution RTS, and why is it being advertised on steam instead of spring
<sturmadler> ?
<[2up]knorke> it is one of several spring games. (others are balanced annihilation, zero-k etc)
<[2up]knorke> as for why only one is advertised instead of whole spring..politics
I don't always trivialize someone's hard work, but when I do, I do my best to be a complete asshole.

Spring isn't advertised because spring is an engine.

Spring didn't spend many years and countless hours making this game, I did (With various bits of help from people here and there, kaiser being a big one).

Spring didn't put forth the effort to get on desura, I did.

Spring didn't put forth the effort to get on steam, I did (BTW, you're welcome ZK, I hope you guys do incredibly well).

Spring didn't put forth the effort of advertising, I did.

Spring didn't put forth the effort of trying to tie this shitty ecosystem together (FOR YEARS), I did, Koshi did, Licho did, Carrepairer and Ikinz did.

Spring didn't do jack shit, and neither did you, so sod off.

User was warned for this post (Felony 1, Felony 2)

-- FLOZi
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

The new apple I-Tit, have milk and comfort on those loonely nights, that feel so squeeze.

I strongly suspect that knorke murdered the other 500 evo players, he always looked evil to me.

Also i found knorke uncapable to deal with phailure- i remember clearly when my jw had over 9000 players and he tryied to advertise The Tanks to me.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Spring didn't spend many years and countless hours making this game, I did
haha
I don't always trivialize someone's hard work, but when I do, I do my best to be a complete asshole.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Perhaps knorke should submit 'spring' to steam if he still can
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

The original quote is taken way out of context.
Spring didn't put forth the effort of ...
Those people ARE Spring. Every one of us here is part of the Spring Community. We have all worked very hard in various ways to contribute to it.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

AF wrote:Perhaps knorke should submit 'spring' to steam if he still can
There are engines on Steam, Spring would just need an ingame editor.
scifi

Post by scifi »

jK wrote:
AF wrote:Perhaps knorke should submit 'spring' to steam if he still can
There are engines on Steam, Spring would just need an ingame editor.
Yup, and probably package it up with a nice code editor and a reference guide and its all good.

However i think people download more Games than engines, so while being possible, i think actualy marketing specific games, or if possible a lobby for all games would be a better way to look at it.
The original quote is taken way out of context.
I agree.

I have serious doubts that knorke intended all of this. Come on hes a cool guy :wink:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I'd be amused to see how many people downloaded the spring engine from steam and then complained there was no commander, and how long it then took for BA to be bundled with the engine as a 'demo'
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Every one of us here is part of the Spring Community. We have all worked very hard in various ways to contribute to it.
This. None of us would be here without the engine and all the infrastructure that comes with it. It's completely ridiculous to make anything for spring and then justify stuff with "it was all my own work".
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Forboding Angel wrote:You obviously don't pay much attention to the goings on around here.
I thought you sorted out your anger issues a year or two back. Is this a relapse?
smoth

Post by smoth »

I don't know people should be able to promote their projects and NOT spring! Knorke is of the opinion that evo directly effects springs reputation, I can see his logic and do not share the sentiment. Players do not care about the engine used or what community helped develop.

As far as the spring community goes, unless the project is BA/zk much of our community is fairly reluctant to help sometimes outright hostile for fear this game will compete with their personal favorite. Our productive community is very small and those who help everyone they can are few and far between. This entire community does not produce equally and never has. We have nearly as many over-egoed players and idea guy jack offs as we have actual content producers! Don't feed me that line about players help to, nah. We have only a handful of players whose opinion is worth listening to!

That being said.. Anyone who wants to do a large project solely by themself is too ignorant/arrogant to realize the moment they push the power button on their machine, they are already standing on the shoulders of giants! Furthermore you always learn more by working with others, always! I don't think forb is claiming full credit for everything in evo
malric

Post by malric »

For me the word "politics" is not a bad thing. A quote from wikipedia, politics = " organized control over a human community".

So, if we include that definition in what knorke said, evorts is advertised instead of spring because of how control is excerted over engine and games. And that is, not much, as spring developers can not impose to a game developer one thing or another due to GPL.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

In that quote, knorke just said the truth, and not even an hidden or offensive one. Maybe it's too summed up, but then this look like a screenshot of instant chat (the Spring lobby I guess), where sentences typically have to be short.

Forboding Angel wrote:You truly are a loathsome human being.
It displays a scaring level of immaturity from you, Forb, to go create a forum thread specifically to insult knorke because of that line.

Spring didn't spend many years and countless hours making this game, I did (With various bits of help from people here and there, kaiser being a big one).
I believe you are mislead. Yes, you spent many years and much effort of EvoRTS.
I could even agree that maybe you're the second person to have poured the most man-hours into his Spring game. (First being Smoth)
But Spring (the engine) has had several highly skilled developpers, continuously, for over 9 years. No way you can compete with that.

Who said shit about BA? I don't give a fuck what he plays.
sturmadler did.
And this thread clearly shows that you do give a lot of shit about confused BA players ending up trying EvoRTS.

Forboding Angel wrote:You obviously don't pay much attention to the goings on around here.
You mean Spring politics? :D

I would also like to point out that:
Saying that Spring isn't advertised on Steam because of politics does not mean Spring should get advertised on Steam.
I mean, sometimes, in peculiar settings, such as the friendly forum of a free Open Source game, run with just the right amount of democracy and meritocracy, politics may lead to the right consensus!
knorke

Post by knorke »

And that is how Forboding Angel got turned into a duck.
It is said the only way to reverse the process is by making three nice postings.
While bathing in pure moon light.
"Nat!" said the duck. "Quack Quack."
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Don't escalate or I will personally remove your mod powers and ban both of you for being annoying fuckwits. :regret:

Locking.

User was warned for this post. Felony 1.
SirMaverick

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”