Happy women's day

Happy women's day

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Happy women's day

Post by Jools »

I just wanted to wish all women here a happy women's day!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Happy women's day

Post by PicassoCT »

On this day we celebrate the social power, that pressured everyone into giving a meaningless day some slimy servant paint-job.
Unless your celibate.
Then its just another day, to wait through entropy for decay.
If this is code of conduct expected of you on the inside of spaceship humanity,
i rather live outside on the hull,
walking airless beneath the stars.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Ehm, for those that are really pro-equality should not condone anything like this unless there's also a "men's day". Feminism is useless unless there's also masculinism (yeah, my spell checker didn't even recognize that word wtf).
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Jools wrote:all women here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_set
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

No women here?

Then I can let you in to the fact that I celebrated this day by watching LvT:s the Nymphomaniac. It is a good movie.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Panda is a woman but she seldom posts on here any more.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

zerver wrote:Ehm, for those that are really pro-equality should not condone anything like this unless there's also a "men's day".
To paraphrase the usual rejoinder to the complaints about "black history month" :

There are 364 men's days.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

smoth wrote:Panda is a woman but she seldom posts on here any more.
I wonder why ;)

@KingRaptor: Yeah, you mean work days. Every freakin day, workin for de man. Im so free right now, somebody hit me with a shovel.
But yeah, better complain and be a aristocrat, then remain sylent and be a grunts workhorse.

I wonder why every time, i was in really deep shit, none of the complainers and none of the "Bitches cry to loud"-babys was around.

Just other idiots, who keep there mouth shut, needing every bit of breath to keep going. Take your days and shove them.
And the other 364 too. I m not bowing to anyone claiming social dominance, be it macho, be it female. They allready got the minutes it took to make this post. More then they desserve.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

KingRaptor wrote: There are 364 men's days.
Not really! That's what they say, but once you start calculating you see that there are not so many.

1 Gregorian year = 365 days, and this includes:
---------------------------------------------
1 Woman's day
1 Christmas Eve, 1 Christmas day, 1 Second day of Christmas
1 NYE + 1 New years day
1 Father's day
1 Mother's day

You see the point. There are not so many days left for men...
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Only if you divide humanity into men and women - for which there is no social nor biological evidence.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Only if you divide humanity into men and women - for which there is no social nor biological evidence.
I have checked between my legs and discovered reasonable evidence for this.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Silentwings wrote:
I have checked between my legs and discovered reasonable evidence for this.
There is gender and sex. You probably mean the latter.
That you can empirically deduce your sex from seeing your genitals is not correct. Less so can you decide that generally for everyone.
If you ask biologists they will tell you that it is not clear at all, if sex is determined by genome or by hormones. That's why there are multiple theories that count 3 to 5 sexes.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

That you can empirically deduce your sex from seeing your genitals is not correct.
You haven't seen mine.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Silentwings wrote:
That you can empirically deduce your sex from seeing your genitals is not correct.
You haven't seen mine.
Wow - here was a proper statement just a few second ago, then I clicked on "quote" and it turned into this... tricked by "edit" button... now I don't want to respond anymore...
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I don't think the term "sex" is a discreet variable, it is a continuous one...
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

xer dansan wrote:There is gender and sex. You probably mean the latter.
That you can empirically deduce your sex from seeing your genitals is not correct. Less so can you decide that generally for everyone.
If you ask biologists they will tell you that it is not clear at all, if sex is determined by genome or by hormones. That's why there are multiple theories that count 3 to 5 sexes.
xer Jools wrote:I don't think the term "sex" is a discreet variable, it is a continuous one...
My preferred pronoun is "motherfucker".
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Evangelion wrote: My preferred pronoun is "motherfucker".
Motherfucker is not a pronoun, pronoun is a word or form that substitutes for a noun or noun phrase. Pronous can be: personal, reflexive, reciprocal, possessive, demonstrative, indefinite, relative, interrogative.

"Motherfucker!" is an interjection.
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Jools wrote:Motherfucker is not a pronoun.
http://askanonbinary.tumblr.com/pronouns

Ok then I choose spide/spides/spiderself.
smoth

Post by smoth »

It could be a noun bro!

Well I think dan's point is that all men and women are human! So personally my artist side would love to see a pair of humanity days! One for all the good and one for all the bad we have done !

There are tons of bullshit holidays chief of which in America is black history month! We no longer live in a United States where people do not celebrate the contributions of black Americans. It only serves to further place a divide between then and the rest of society! In before racial accusations! We do not have a Native American history being taught at all! IMO we as immigrants need to know more about the native Americans!
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

smoth wrote:It could be a noun bro!

Well I think dan's point is that all men and women are human! So personally my artist side would love to see a pair of humanity days! One for all the good and one for all the bad we have done !

There are tons of bullshit holidays chief of which in America is black history month! We no longer live in a United States where people do not celebrate the contributions of black Americans. It only serves to further place a divide between then and the rest of society! In before racial accusations! We do not have a Native American history being taught at all! IMO we as immigrants need to know more about the native Americans!
That's a lot of interjections!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”