Meyers biggs personality test

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Clicky!

This test has been used in psychology a fair bit and is widely considered the most accurate personality catagorization systems around. Businesses and schools often use this test when helping people decide what roles they wat to take in life/thier company. That's why I was interested when I found it in online form. I've taken this before in psyc class and some highschool class, and the results were a little different then they were for this one, so I'm not quite sure about the accuracy of this version, it has alot less questions then the other ones I took anyways. It did however produce the right result so I figured I'd expose it to other members of the public anyways.

I'm primarily INTP with a leaning towards INFP if anyone is interested in looking up the definitions of more then one of the personality types.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Freaky. It does kinda work. Im an INTJ, whatever that is.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

Somehow I can never fill out these tests correctly, according to it I would be ISTJ, which would be someone who always keeps things in a good order, plans correctly etc...
In reality I'm always late or just in time, and my room is a complete mess, and in general I'm totally not like the person they describe.
The questions are just always too black and white :|
Aun

Post by Aun »

INTP....

Kind of, but not entirely accurate. The questions are too black and white.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

I remember taking this test before, I ended up iNTp, not really surprised about it either.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I always find what type I am fits me, but only a facet fo me, and the results cycle through a handful depending which test i take where and when.

edit:: hmm INTJ
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

ISTP

Oddly enough, http://keirsey.com/personality/spit.html <<< I'm a spit.
They do not approach strangers readily, but once in contact do not hesitate to tell them what to do. And they can be quite forceful in this, such that others tend to do their bidding.
HAH! Not likely. At best I'll give someone advice... and if it's something I feel comfortable giving advice about, I'm usually right... so... I guess this is sort of partially true. Not that I'm forceful though. I'll usually say "do it this way or it'll screw up. trust me."
Crafters (only ten per cent of the general population) are the true virtuosos of tool work, with a natural ability to command tools, to bend them to their wishes, and to become adept at all the crafts requiring tool skills. Even from an early age Crafters are drawn to tools as to a magnet; tools fall into their hands demanding use, and they must manipulate them. Indeed, if a given tool, whether scalpel or earthmover, is operated with a precision that defies belief, that operator is likely an Crafter.
More accurate, this bit is... as long as a computer is a kind of tool. I sure as hell make this thing bend to my wishes... :twisted:

Well, this one doesn't have such a cruel url: http://typelogic.com/istp.html
Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence. They tend, sometimes with good reason, to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts
Here here...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Your Type is
ENTP
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
1 50 1 33
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The questions are very black and white, It's part of the nature of the test, you're supposed to just go with your first inclination and not overthink them.

IMO alot of the descriptions in the writeups are sort of so so... they are supposed to be suggestive somewhat, not decicive... your room might not be neat, but your desktop might be immaculately organized and your code might be increadibly properly shaped, whereas my room is a mess, my desktop is a mess, and my code slips in and out of proper organization, because organization isn't something that inately interests my personality type unless it suits my goals.
Mealing

Post by Mealing »

Your Type is ISTJ

http://typelogic.com/istj.html
As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.
That's actually quite true about me..
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

im eNFj (the teacher)... and yeah thats who i really am... allways trying to teach everybody... usually with no success :?

only 2-3% of ppl is my type

"They have tremendous charisma" hahaha... true :roll:
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

INTP

i got quite surprised... the lengthy pages were very accurate on me and my personality. also, i am the same type as Albert Einstein! :P

EDIT: i found that a bit of ENTP fit in on me too, so i guess its not perfect ;)
Last edited by Comp1337 on 10 Dec 2005, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Thats nothing. Im the same type as ceaser, Hawkin, Arnold Swartzaneggar and Galdalf. Beat that!
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
89 62 62 56

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntij.html
http://typelogic.com/intj.html

MUAHAHAHAHHA, I AM TEH EVIL MASTERMIND! :)

also, YAY, CS LEWIS! WENT TO SEE THAT FILM YESTERDAY!

and Arnie :D
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

Those are the same questions they give for all their Personality quizzes.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Triaxx2 wrote:Those are the same questions they give for all their Personality quizzes.
Could that be *gasp* because these were origionally come up with by PSYCHOLOGISTS?
mother

Hehe

Post by mother »

This was an assignment for a Project Management course I was taking [to evaluate MBTIs as a tool].
Note: This was submitted to the professor at 11:59pm of the due date.

Code: Select all

As an ISTJ, I am a poster child right out of a 1950├óÔé¼Ôäós hygiene film.  Naturally this is why this paper was handed in 7 days before its due-date (after carefully planning the writing for the first week).
     Ok, Ok, so perhaps ISTJ is a bit of a stretch.  Ok it├óÔé¼Ôäós ludicrous, and the whole world knows it.  It is probably obvious  (if not, re check the time this paper was submitted) that I am ENTP/ENFP.  I had somehow forgotten how well Myers-Briggs tests ├óÔé¼╦£pinned' me in the past.  I did take multiple versions, which all showed a ├óÔé¼╦£weak├óÔé¼Ôäó Thinking or Feeling result.  Basically I├óÔé¼Ôäóm somewhere between an absent minded professor and a drama queen.
As to the ├óÔé¼╦£usefulness of MBTI testing in ├óÔé¼╦£team building,├óÔé¼Ôäó I think the answer is most decidedly ├óÔé¼╦£not.├óÔé¼Ôäó  I am not entirely sure if the MBTI is as good a diagnostic tool as it first appears.  It is a bit like watching a ├óÔé¼╦£psychic├óÔé¼Ôäó work a mark.  Using subtle clues to guide to vague statements that just about anyone could agree with.  Ignoring those problems, it does serve to replace less-honed interpersonal skills.  This is definitely a foreseeable ├óÔé¼╦£issue├óÔé¼Ôäó in the IT field, but I still do not see it as particularly valuable to team building.
     However, in the scope of organizational-planning I could see it as potentially invaluable.  It is entirely reasonable to not have extensive knowledge of all the candidate resources.  In such a case having MBTI results could make life much smoother (both in terms of team dynamics, and simply effective communication approaches).  Perhaps just enough EN*P├óÔé¼Ôäós to get everyone pointed in the correct direction, and work out the tough issues, and then the drones to take care of the more mundane tasks.
    The MBTI as a useful tool in project planning?  Most definitely.  The MBTI as a useful tool in team building? I sure hope the room is chock full of ISTJ├óÔé¼Ôäós with #2├óÔé¼Ôäós at the ready [i.e. people who enjoy filling out Scantron├óÔÇ×┬ó forms to get more ├óÔé¼╦£personal.├óÔé¼Ôäó] 

[I do hope that you can see I embodied the first portion of the assignment (├óÔé¼╦£describe your MBTI type├óÔé¼Ôäó) stylistically as the second part.  Being Extroverted/iNtuitional/Perceiving I really had no conscious choice in the matter!]
I was taking a huge risk on the professors sense of humor...
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

did it work?
mother

Post by mother »

Yeah, got an A... Not that I would recommend that strategy to others, heh.
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
22 1 62 22

Seem to be quite a few of us here.

-hehe just noticed the post date on these :P

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”