0 A.D. Indigogo

0 A.D. Indigogo

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

gajop

Re: 0 A.D. Indigogo

Post by gajop »

overly optimistic goal imo
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

It's funny because 0AD has a dozen active developers and yet they still feel the need to clamor for money ($160K no less) to finish their game/engine.

Maybe we should start a campaign for 10 million.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Flexible Funding

This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal. Funding duration: September 04, 2013 - October 20, 2013 (11:59pm PT).
gajop

Post by gajop »

oh you can do that? cool
scifi

Post by scifi »

well they are also developing a game, not just an engine, im ok with supporting 0 AD.

I mean i think they could have done this sooner as well, most of the core features have been implemented for some time.

And to be honest the amount of people that still play age of empires II and even on age of empires online show that theres a huge playerbase wanting for a game like this.

age of empires II on garena 20 thousand, 2k on vlooby and over 11k on steam at peak hours.

Plus the problem with spring atm, is you would be getting money for an engine not a game, and by that i dunno if it works as well as asking money for a game(no criticism intended).
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Zero-K could kickstart- but they unlearnt to dream big some years ago. ;)

It would be cool though too have devs payed for there hard work. Kloot, Jk, Abma, im looking at you ;)
scifi

Post by scifi »

PicassoCT wrote:Zero-K could kickstart- but they unlearnt to dream big some years ago. ;)

It would be cool though too have devs payed for there hard work. Kloot, Jk, Abma, im looking at you ;)
tbh it has to have a game involved
gajop

Post by gajop »

scifi wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:Zero-K could kickstart- but they unlearnt to dream big some years ago. ;)

You aren't implying it's a mod?!?! Bring out the torches!
scifi

Post by scifi »

gajop wrote:
scifi wrote:

You aren't implying it's a mod?!?! Bring out the torches!
;), nah man, i just said its hard to put an engine on kickstarter and i will end this part there, it has to have a game made for said engine on it like what 0 AD is doing.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Hm, I thought my emphasis was obvious, let's try again!
We already have games, good, working, games, even better than 0ad imo.
smoth

Post by smoth »

scifi wrote:well they are also developing a game, not just an engine
aiphee

Post by aiphee »

0K Firstly need new unbroken engine of Spring (Linux gamers cant play with 91) and nice HD trailer.
scifi

Post by scifi »

gajop wrote:Hm, I thought my emphasis was obvious, let's try again!
We already have games, good, working, games, even better than 0ad imo.
Never said the oposite, im all for a Zero-k kickstarter if someone wants to do it.

Now for a spring kickstarter i just feel it has to have a goal in mind more than just making an engine(im just saying my opinion and experience i had on some of these things).

Maybe it can be pulled off if ultimatly it improves the games that are run on the engine sure.

About 0AD you cant compare the type of game and the type of player, besides the potencial playerbase for a new age game is huge.

Not saying spring cant get those numbers but its a whole different discussion.
smoth wrote:game + engine

I just meant that as an added plus, they are making 2 things a game and also an engine for the mod community to use, i didnt had any opinion on it, its just nice to have the ability for people to make theyr own mods/games out of it, like spring basicly.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

scifi wrote:

Not even remotely true. Projects don't even need to be 'gaming' related.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?filte ... opular_all
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

aiphee wrote:... and nice HD trailer.
http://youtu.be/vuP63IobLps :mrgreen:
smoth

Post by smoth »

that looks great but the game doesn't look that way. it seems like you guys are doing a LOT of post processing in your video editor. If I saw this video and downloaded spring. I would be PISSED
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

The video does look good, and the music choice is excellent, but it doesn't comply with Indiegogo's terms of use:
Ensure you own or have a legal right to use the Member Content with the Service and do not otherwise infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of others. “Member Content” means the content you use to create and manage a campaign, Post or comment on or Contribute to a campaign. “Intellectual Property Rights” mean all worldwide rights in patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, trade secrets, publicity, goodwill and all other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all derivatives, applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof.
http://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms

This is why ZK and BAR want away from TA-infringement. It has nothing to do with an unreasonable fear of being sued, it just closes doors to you.
scifi

Post by scifi »

luckywaldo7 wrote:
scifi wrote:

Not even remotely true. Projects don't even need to be 'gaming' related.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?filte ... opular_all
i was refering to spring not every single indiegogo project.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

luckywaldo7 wrote:The video does look good, and the music choice is excellent, but it doesn't comply with Indiegogo's terms of use
I cant force players of game to dont make fan-videos like this. :regret:
smoth wrote:that looks great but the game doesn't look that way...
which part?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”