Bitcoin mining made easy - Page 26

Bitcoin mining made easy

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Bitcoin mining made easy

Post by PicassoCT »

Why does anybody nowadays invest in naive people? Seriously, why?
I think that knowledge is the good that helps the most. Thus i actually would consider it a good investment, if you would buy shares in a third world student taking a AI-course in a online university. Thats where the money is at- the be payed back in money, bitcoins or free labour - for a game of choice. Would be a intersting kickstarter subdomain.

Startuplives or Slives
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

There is some really interesting development going on lately. Overstock accelerated their Bitcoin adoption plan and already put out some interesting statistics:

http://www.businessinsider.com/overstoc ... oin-2014-1
About $10,000 worth of Bitcoin from about 100 purchasers has already been spent since the announcement less than two hours ago
Also Newegg seems to be looking into accepting Bitcoin according to their twitter.

2014 is the year when Bitcoin will reach mainstream.

edit:
Pizza.be, the Belgian branch of takeaway.com, gets around 100 out of 5000 of their daily orders in bitcoin. This seems like a decent amount while they aren't accepting bitcoin for such a long time.
Last edited by varikonniemi on 10 Jan 2014, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

varikonniemi wrote:2014 is the year when Bitcoin will realch mainstream.
Mainstream you guys keep using that word....
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

smoth wrote:Mainstream you guys keep using that word....
what does this mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAGwLFkEKw
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

This will be the year when bitcoin reaches $10,000.

You just wait and see, bitches!
smoth

Post by smoth »

It is the internet being excited over the latest hot topic. Search for this is Sparta and you will find just as many if not more videos of people getting excited about stuff. Hell start searching new earth Christians or the truth about 911 etc.

It does not mean shit.

Until I can go to Taco Bell or a mom and pop gas station in the middle of nowhere USA bitcoin is not mainstream.
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

smoth wrote:Until I can go to Taco Bell or a mom and pop gas station in the middle of nowhere USA bitcoin is not mainstream.
I guess what you mean is "until I can go to every mom and pop gas station". You don't want to have to change your mind too often.
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

damn smoth, you so picky. So taco bell is mainstream but subway is not? :D

By end of 2014 if you don't see 'Bitcoin accepted here' in a shop, it is a political stance from the shop keeper. When there is no cost, no risk, and increased profit to be made by accepeting it, why would you not?

It is only a question of awareness, and this overstock saga and the publicity from it sure has been significant in raising awareness of this alternative. When a company of that size increases their revenue by 5% the first day it gets noted.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

*rolld eyes at smoth*

You should learn about bitcoin man. This is only the most revolutionary invention since sliced bread.

If you had been as smart as me (but ofc that is impossible, no one is) then you would have bought bitcoin at $10. Then you would be as rich as me and biased enough to understand.

Meanwhile, I'm buying a luxury city flat and an epic yacht from a Saudi royal.

See you at the end of the rainbow losers.

#winninglife
smoth

Post by smoth »

Varion, credit cards were not mainstream for a while. Not everywhere accepted them now everywhere does. THAT is mainstream, bitcoin is niche at best
smoth

Post by smoth »

cheapsheep wrote:
smoth wrote:Until I can go to Taco Bell or a mom and pop gas station in the middle of nowhere USA bitcoin is not mainstream.
I guess what you mean is "until I can go to every mom and pop gas station". You don't want to have to change your mind too often.
Remember when I talked about the proponents of bitcoins acting like hipsters and how they liked to attack the intelligence of others. Don't be that asshole you are better than that
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

smoth wrote:
cheapsheep wrote:
Remember when I talked about the proponents of bitcoins acting like hipsters and how they liked to attack the intelligence of others.
There are "mom and pop gas stations" taking bitcoin. Maybe not (yet?) the one near your place. I was just rephrasing what you expect from the market to consider bitcoin to be mainstream. If this is wrong, please fix.
smoth wrote:Don't be that asshole you are better than that
Given the amount of sarcasm and bullshit in this thread, I'll decline the offer and just be an asshole if it helps the debate.

Also, using sarcasm doesn't make one immune from being an asshole. *rolls eyes*
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

varikonniemi wrote:damn smoth, you so picky. So taco bell is mainstream but subway is not? :D
Ignore obvious bias. Taco bell is not even mainstream. No taco bell can be found hundreds of kilometers around here. Taco bell will be mainstream when I can find more than one, less than 500km from here.

Where can you buy gas with paypal?
varikonniemi wrote:By end of 2014 if you don't see 'Bitcoin accepted here' in a shop, it is a political stance from the shop keeper. When there is no cost, no risk, and increased profit to be made by accepeting it, why would you not?
That's a bit too much... also, for a business time=money and it takes time to understand bitcoin. Sure, the payment processor currently used by a business may add bitcoin support and this would result in zero cost to business, but I think it will not be the majority.
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote:Varion, credit cards were not mainstream for a while. Not everywhere accepted them now everywhere does. THAT is mainstream, bitcoin is niche at best
Read this.

I didn't say fuck all about paypal and maybe you are in the eu. In the states or at least here in my state we have 2-3 taco bells in many towns but hey feel free to hang on that one point.

Bitcoin is not mainstream yet and it will not be for some time
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

I said 2014 is the year when Bitcoin will reach mainstream. What you just said is another way of saying the same thing.

:roll:
smoth

Post by smoth »

I do not see it happening in 2014. Maybe in your area or pockets but not most places. Just not enough people out there to justify it yet
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

I see it happening this year, or never. A year is a very long time in today's world.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Why or never? Who says it won't slowly gain footing via the internet shops?
cheapsheep
Lobby Developer

Post by cheapsheep »

smoth wrote:
smoth wrote:Varion, credit cards were not mainstream for a while. Not everywhere accepted them now everywhere does. THAT is mainstream, bitcoin is niche at best
Read this.

I didn't say fuck all about paypal and maybe you are in the eu. In the states or at least here in my state we have 2-3 taco bells in many towns but hey feel free to hang on that one point.

Bitcoin is not mainstream yet and it will not be for some time
It is probably a language/definition thing, but I don't think "being mainstream" requires generalized, daily usage.

And my point was about chasing rainbows... *rolls eyes*.
Antibitcoiners like to use this metaphor. But when I read their "arguments", their denial of bitcoin's slowly growing success feels like chasing rainbows by constantly raising the bar to consider bitcoin "somewhat successful":
- hey magic internet money, you can buy nothing with it, you fools
- oh well, you can only buy drugs with it, you criminals
- yeah maybe you can buy some computer stuff with it, but I want more stuff, you geeks
- well you know, overstock doesn't sell gas or tacos so I can't buy what I want now

We can make all kind of crazy predictions for the future. To have some certainty, look at the past. Have a look at http://buttcoin.org/history. Read the oldest posts first to have some fun at failed predictions... I love the part where they say how stupid ppl were to mine in 2011.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

One has to admit that the hardest mining people over the last years - were the guys in banks and ministrys. Undermining that is.

In math we trust? Certainly more then in credit default swaps.
I think the fear for the values you create beeing stored, the newer one is definatly always more to be feared. Cellphones are dangerous, and antibiotics are the devils.

Still.

If it is such a success-story, and you have so much trust in it. Why so pushing then? Why not just relax, take a drink and watch the bodys of the currency battle float by downstream?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”