Conflict Terra: A Collection of Stories

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

So, instead of working on the game (because that'd make too much sense), I've been doing some writing. Set in the Conflict Terra "universe" that oksnoop2 and I laid out over a year ago, it is my attempt to create some backstory. It's something I've really wanted to do for a long time, and a recent creative push has actually rendered some product.

I ask that those who are interested here give it a read, and give some constructive feedback. I am actively working on this; when I'm not actually writing for it, I'm usually pondering what I'm going to write about. So if you like it, please subscribe or whatever so you can keep updated :-)

Chapter 1: Insomnia
Chapter 2: Test Pilot
Chapter 3: The Encounter

PS - didn't feel quite right putting it in the CT subforum as it is not directly game related, I imagine it's fine hanging out here in Off Topic :wink:
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Re: Conflict Terra: A Collection of Stories

Post by KingRaptor »

Generally nice.

Only one criticism comes to mind: Some of the paragraphs could be broken up more, especially where dramatic effect is called for. Good examples would be the first paragraph of chapter 1 (contrast the "2:59 .. 3:00" with the "3:07... 3:08" later in the chapter) and the last paragraph of chapter 3.

Are you planning on doing more?
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: Conflict Terra: A Collection of Stories

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Thanks for reading, and your input!

Good criticism, I feel I am only mindful of my paragraphs half the time.

I am definitely planning on doing more, although the content/aim of the next "chapter" is currently a toss-up.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”