Bruce is going to Denmark

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Can any Danes or people who know anything Denmark give me some pro tips? Other than you're shit out of luck if you want a car/motorbike.
BaNa

Re: Bruce is going to Denmark

Post by BaNa »

Travel or longer term?

When visiting Copenhagen, defs check out Christiania, the old hippie part. It has awesome parts in the back, surreal buildings next to nice wooded canals, so don't be too put off by the dirty drug market area at the entrance.

Also in Copenhagen: the art gallery has a wonderful collection of early Gauguin, think a proper roomful arranged chronologically, it really gives you a feel for his progress as a painter.

Hitchhiking is hard in Denmark, only immigrants and really alternative people picked me up, natives don't seem to get the concept.

If your stay is for longer term, check out the Roskilde music festival in the middle of summer, I attended regularly and it was always a blast.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

BaNa wrote: Hitchhiking is hard in Denmark, only immigrants and really alternative people picked me up, natives don't seem to get the concept.
Yeah, we don't do those things here. Why not use the train if you don't have a car, it's very nice.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Jools wrote:Yeah, we don't do those things here. Why not use the train if you don't have a car, it's very nice.
Because you meet "interesting" people.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

You can also find a ride here:
http://www.pendlernet.dk
http://gomore.dk/

It is a rather cheap way to travel and you commonly meet nice people. However - there may be no english version of these webpages....
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

This is good but I'm going to live so I was thinking more cultural learnings of Denmark to make benefit glorious person of Bruce.
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

First of all u should go in the very summer, because it is short.

I would stick to the coastline at all times. There are many cosy small islands and boat trips available I suppose. When you have loaded your car full of drugs and alc in Christiania, consider a trip to Sweden, there is a nice bridge. Or follow the beer trail to Germany.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I went to run a beach half-marathon on the west coast, at Hvide Sande (link to google maps).

It was a very nice scenery, small fishing towns, sand dunes, not many tourists at all (was in June), and quite quiet. At least it felt authentic. And we were a nice group.

Depends on what you want to do. I usually want to avoid (other) tourists, most of which will be german by the way.

Otherwise, Århus is a quite nice city, it has an old viking history.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I've never been there, but have fun.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Make sure you rent an expensive old Chevrolet cabriolet in a fancy color, before you cross the german border, full of drugs and booze like I your attorney suggests to come to my place at a pace as if you got nothing to lose....
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Danes are hot but weird.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

pic or it didnt happen
rattle
Damned Developer