Last post for my computer

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

mufdvr222

Post by mufdvr222 »

For today it croaked,,died,,expired :shock: :| :? I dunno its strange, wierd things started happening last night, program errors, blue screens of death, those terrifying reboots that occur well,,,whenever could be two hours into a windows session,, ten minutes,, ten seconds or it just keeps getting halfe way through booting and ZAP its starting up again, whatever takes the gremlins fancy so heres the rant, I am stuck on the wifes office comp, a celeron 366 with 128meg no 3d at all :cry: :cry: time to whip out the master card :twisted: me thinks.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

You can almost certainly salvage most or all of your old components. You just got a virus... I bet Bruce sent it to you. Bruce, the bastard....
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

I did not, and I resent such accusations.

I also resent your mother.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

...hehehehe Bruce.

This one time i was installing a game, and for some reson it put my ENTIRE D drive into its folder.
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Reminds me of symptoms for a bad memory chip.

Yes, that was a hint that you should test your memory. If you have more than 1, pull them out and test on at a time to narrow down which one(s) its crashing on.
genblood

Post by genblood »

Think postive about things like this .... :idea:

You now have a good reason to upgrade to a newer mother board,
new memory, new drives, new dvd drive, dvd-RW drive, NEW
VIDEO CARD !!! think PCI-E ... :lol: :wink: , new sound .....
and with all that extra stuff new case and 640 watt PSU unit 8)

On the memory get at least a 1GB of system ram and a MB with
sata2 drives. .... If you got the money get 6 HDs and setup
2 to for the OS for raid 0 and ghost a image of the OS. On the
other 4 setup a raid 5 and store all user data and stuff.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

My pockets hurt just reading that.
mufdvr222

Post by mufdvr222 »

Das Bruce wrote:My pockets hurt just reading that.
Amen to that.

How about one 200gb sata drive a gig of memory a new vid card kepping my current sound card an old but fairly capable sblive5.1 some spanky motherboard and a p43.0ghz processor, am going to keep my two dvd burners as well, I really don`t care what graphics card I get as long as it supports the features in spring like reflections and shadows.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

mufdvr222 wrote:
Das Bruce wrote:My pockets hurt just reading that.
Amen to that.

How about one 200gb sata drive a gig of memory a new vid card kepping my current sound card an old but fairly capable sblive5.1 some spanky motherboard and a p43.0ghz processor, am going to keep my two dvd burners as well, I really don`t care what graphics card I get as long as it supports the features in spring like reflections and shadows.
If you replace your mobo I would encourage PCI-E. It's pretty much standard now and it won't be long before AGP cards just won't be able to preform as well, and then eventually aren't supported any more. Also, don't get suckered into buying the small socket CPUs. They are way slower then the ones with more pins. The 30 some odd bucks you save really isn't worth it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

PCI express? I thought that the replacement PCI Express 2 which had a much bigger bandwidth and backwards compatability, would be better to wait for...

I read a big article on how PCI-E didnt live upto its expectatiosn and PCI-E2 was already being drawn up when it was released.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”