DayZ (Mod for ARMA II) - Page 3

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II)

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: DayZ (Mod for ARMA II)

Post by smoth »

What a load, standard fake-deep rubbish from you.

The game fails at evaluating how people would act because you do not feel rea,l pain, risk or attachment. Not because of missing consquences or sky daddy taking the day off
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I would say it's a result of the game spending extra care modelling guns and military hardware, and not so much modelling other aspects of life and human interaction.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Wow, you guys do realize that the mod is not even beta yet?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Yes, you cant judge minecraft as long as its beta.. carrotine up everyones ass. Really... defend the game of your life but its raising its hyped head over the grassroot, and therefore its hunting season.

And because it actually combined walking dead + counterstrike into a game ... i can allready tell what singleplayer option will be glued on in the next minecraft.

Still what i find extraordinary is the fact, that DayZ prooves the whole (we make games noobfriendly approach) of regenerative health, cover based shooting[No reflexes, but i still can play game..], quirktime events and a triggered HalfCutScene ever 1.5 mins unwanted.

I can allready see the cooperate meetings, were panicy managers who dont have a (g/c)lue demand "that we got to have it too".
"But it bites with everything we do" tried a game designer reason for foo.
"But they have sucess and not you." the mannAger replies, and gets carried away to the cannon, with which EA and Co fire those who risk stuff when there is panic into the sun.

For this i luv this game. Seems there is something in every pc-gamer, wanting to suffer, waste time and glitch resistance points - that noobbody expected...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

picasso, your words move me
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

His words deeply hurt me. Only a fool can see a connection between c-strike and DayZ. But then again, that was probably a joke.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

connection between c-strike and DayZ
noobs camping in stairwells with high powered weapons!

but yes, almost no comparison
Day

Post by Day »

dayz needs a lot of work, i hope it pulls through
Azhukar

Post by Azhukar »

PicassoCT wrote:Yes, you cant judge minecraft as long as its beta.. carrotine up everyones ass. Really... defend the game of your life but its raising its hyped head over the grassroot, and therefore its hunting season.

And because it actually combined walking dead + counterstrike into a game ... i can allready tell what singleplayer option will be glued on in the next minecraft.

Still what i find extraordinary is the fact, that DayZ prooves the whole (we make games noobfriendly approach) of regenerative health, cover based shooting[No reflexes, but i still can play game..], quirktime events and a triggered HalfCutScene ever 1.5 mins unwanted.

I can allready see the cooperate meetings, were panicy managers who dont have a (g/c)lue demand "that we got to have it too".
"But it bites with everything we do" tried a game designer reason for foo.
"But they have sucess and not you." the mannAger replies, and gets carried away to the cannon, with which EA and Co fire those who risk stuff when there is panic into the sun.

For this i luv this game. Seems there is something in every pc-gamer, wanting to suffer, waste time and glitch resistance points - that noobbody expected...
10/10 would read again.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I like the way PicassoCT writes. :-)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”