Ideas for a 1 month game development project? - Page 3

Ideas for a 1 month game development project?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Ideas for a 1 month game development project?

Post by PicassoCT »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
knorke wrote: What might be superlol is a racing-puzzle-tycoon mix:
You get some track pieces like corners, straights, pit lane etc and put them together to form a racetrack.
Then AI controlled cars have races and depending on how awesome the racing is, it attracts spectators who earn you money. You would have to design the track in a way that the AI cars do not get stuck but also produce exciting racing. (more overtaking = more money)
One has to balance various things, if your track produces lots of accidents the spectators will love it but some race leagues will give you a low safety rating and not held any events. Some racing leagues might have requirements, eg Formula 1 might demand that cars are able to hit 300km/h so you would need long straights etc. Also you have to put up stands for the audience and all that.
Of course the tycoon stuff would just be an excuse to design the most dangerous tracks and have lots of little cars pile up in the first corner. \o/
the first time a tycoon has ever sounded appealing to me :o
This but with the good old water pipe pressure on it.. means, the race starts.. while the track is till beeing built.. its happening in slowmo, but its on your heels, and if you fail.. it goes into the green.
knorke

Post by knorke »

CarRepairer wrote:Nascar tycoon.
I thought it is a game, but what is this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvLe5dPtGA
I am disapoint.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Three dimensional Pipe Dream derivation; it could even be wireframed.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

DSD tycoon with boobs would be nice *starts touching himself*

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”