Street Cleaning Simulator

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Professor

Post by Professor »

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/sim/streetcle ... index.html
does anyone know the story behind this?
The reviews are outrageously good and obviously fake...Was this some operation by some website like 4chan or reddit?

---------------------------------------------
Ill quote a few sentences from the user submitted reviews.

"There exists but one greater legacy in gaming, as Street Cleaning Simulator MMXI hath yet to eclipse the divine presence set upon our lands by Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. But if Big Rigs should be our highest Holy Lord and creator, then Street Cleaning Simulator MMXI doth surely be his son Jesus Christ."

"Never before is gaming history has a game shown the true powers of graphic achievement and gaming brilliance. Finally, you don't need to invest in a thousand dollar 3D monitor to comprehend it's glory. "

"I have been looking for a high quality street cleaning simulator for YEARS. And finally after years of heart breaking games, I have finally found one. Street Cleaning Simulator is one of the most revolutionary games I have every played."

----------------------------------------------

This just keeps on going for pages upon pages of user reviews...
and i dont mean short review with just a few marketing sentences, i mean page long reviews that go on and on about how this game is amazing.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Street Cleaning Simulator

Post by zwzsg »

Some people find it funny to pretend things that are obviously untrue. Add to that the sheep snowballing effect of internet, and you get stuff as these fake reviews. However, you initial link is to an honest review, so it's utterly unillustrative of your poit.
Professor

Post by Professor »

To me it seems more like a deliberate planned joke.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Nah, its a endless serious of half-assed churned out simulators. They simulated farming (drive a harvester, etc.) the police, busdriver- take whatever job you want strip it of everything of interest, and simulate it and you get this.

Just jokin:

I can imagine that to be fun.. if there is a vice-city, and someone makes a huge mess, some lowly goldfarm player can clean the digital mess up.

Hey, there is a whole pile of budys and burned out cars that you completely forgot, that will cost you a archievment.
fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

It really makes me mad that they're not putting their time and effort into developing real games. I'm sure the developers are screwing around with the world with these things.
Professor

Post by Professor »

Troll game company.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

nah, same sort of company who puts out bad social games or worser "learning-games" some people just do this for cash and if you ever lived on wellfare with your family - you cant condem them for it.
Panda

Post by Panda »

:( They should be releasing more games like Journey instead of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL-fRYM8x4Q
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

u kill homeless ppl or what ? postal hidden behind pony title ?
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

PicassoCT wrote:nah, same sort of company who puts out bad social games or worser "learning-games" some people just do this for cash and if you ever lived on wellfare with your family - you cant condem them for it.
Well what kind of troll pays those people?
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

People whos livetime dreams hangs so low they could grab it, if the bend forward.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Astragon is just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks. Apparently Farming Simulator stuck and so did Demolition Simulator (AKA Demolition Company).
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Not the kind of Streetcleaner sim I thought it'd be
knorke

Post by knorke »

The Busdriver game is pretty cool and stuff.
honk honk I am stuck in a house.
yanom

Post by yanom »

Pedestrians are just as incomprehensible. If you drive into them, they disappear. Much like the cars, they also frequently sink into the floor or walk through flat, untextured walls. If this were a survival horror game then it might even be creepy. But it's not. It's a street cleaning simulator.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

The German Gaming Industry who brought you, the Settlers, Schleichfahrt aaaand Crysis, proudly presents.

The CleanUp Simulator.
You play a Cleaner, your job is it to make people dissappear. Nothing can stop you, no wall, no garbage, no dirtbag, you will do your job, because you are a professional. This City deservices it.

Why does this description make me think of Leon the Pro?
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Do they have nothing better to do?
I beat the Janitors are playing this all the time to train their cleaning skills to the maximal elitismness.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”