Norway attack - Page 4

Norway attack

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SirArtturi

Re: Norway attack

Post by SirArtturi »

Considering that in Europe, in 10 year time-frame, only 2% of terrorist attacks have been executed by Islam-extremist these kind of reactions demonstrates how well they have succeeded creating fear and terror with small efforts, mainly by threatening and provoking.
smoth

Post by smoth »

More outrage. Like I keep saying, every time one of those extremists pulls something the rest of the Muslim world is defamed. It pisses me off.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Well, self-flaggelation is not everyones favourite.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Lets not lock this up as another failish media news, and actualy discuss the issue. Its a bad thing the media blames Muslims for every terrorist atempt.

But ok it isnt a muslim. But the problems and the topic of the thread is as important as it was when otherside posted it.

The fact that everyone thinked it was muslims, is a clear fact that islam extremism is doing its job. We are so scared to discuss anything muslim related, in todays politics, we ignore the issue at all.
Last edited by scifi on 24 Jul 2011, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Oh all the anti america douchebaggery in /b/ has been resulting in a lot of people posting shit about problems in the eu.

A lot of shit has been interesting
Regret

Post by Regret »

scifi wrote:The fact that everyone thinked it was muslims
Calling it a fact does not make it a fact.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Regret wrote:
Well its certain that most people when they hear the words, terrorist attack, atempt at someones life, they probably think about some islam interference.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Regret wrote:
Correct, all I had to go by was a islamist, attack and I actually didn't say it was the islamists. I still don't know who was responsible and won't have any official statement until next week sometime when we hear more. Most of the intial thread was wtf is wrong here.

still, 90 is a record. the highest prior to this was 40 somthing IIRC.
scifi wrote:Well its certain that most people when they hear the words, terrorist attack, atempt at someones life, they probably think about some islam interference.
when they hear TERRORIST yes. when they hear the rest no.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

very imprecise figures:
Europe's population: 850 millions
Muslims living in Europe: 50 million (-> ~5%)

attacks in Europe, done my muslims:
2% in the last decade (according to SirArthuri)
< 1% (1 out of 29x, mentioned earlier in the thread)

5% <=> 2%
-> European muslims are over-proportionally peaceful

More Timothy McVeigh than YO' MAMA.

[quote=scifi]... is a clear fact that islam extremism is doing its job.[/quote]aehh.. no?
it proves the power of media, and how much they are either corrupted or totally incapable of doing the very basics of their job.
of course, everyone not totally insane knows that it can only be one of the two.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

scifi wrote:
Regret wrote:
Well its certain that most people when they hear the words, terrorist attack, atempt at someones life, they probably think about some islam interference.
Many people do. This is not a result of what the muslims did, but it is a result of propaganda. Governments and (mainstream) media REALLY want to create fear for muslims. The basic reasons are, they want people to agree with the wars in the middle east, and they want people to fear. They use this fear as a tool to strip away people's liberties and rights step by step, and they call it necessary to provide more "security".
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

hoijui wrote:
scifi wrote:... is a clear fact that islam extremism is doing its job.
aehh.. no?
it proves the power of media, and how much they are either corrupted or totally incapable of doing the very basics of their job.
of course, everyone not totally insane knows that it can only be one of the two.
hear hear!
smoth

Post by smoth »

News reporting has become less about journalists presenting facts and more about the "Story" they want to tell. I agree with hoi_jui
smoth

Post by smoth »

Senna

Post by Senna »

Extremist in politics or religion its always bad,
Im sorry for the familys that surgery those atacks.

I dont know what words i can writte, this is really bad, and i also dont understand why people like that can have guns and bombs.

RIP for the young people that died in the atack, almost of them were young from 16 to 18 years old, The world sometimes is unfair, They dont care how many people die, the world is just useless for them.

Back in 2004 we had an atack in 11 of March from alquaida, one of my friends died in that attack, and we were friends since 8 years old and i was 17, support that is not something easy to say, i was sick next 2 years, and i will never forget about it.

RIP Norway
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Lets complain people are stereotyping our individual single country then create an even worse stereotype and lump 50 large countries across an entire continent into it! yay!!!!

That it has a population of 710 million and a 3rd of the worlds sovereign wealth is utterly insignificant because they're all just lecturing morris dancer
Panda

Post by Panda »

FLOZi wrote:
hoijui wrote:
scifi wrote:... is a clear fact that islam extremism is doing its job.
aehh.. no?
hear hear!
Hoijui is right!
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Great article, thanks for the link.
scifi

Post by scifi »

- - -Hoijun.

Yes your rigth.

But you missed my point, the very fact we are talking about extremism and the influence of the media, means that somehow extremism afected the way we view our society, yes it has done the job of proliferating the medias views to a point it mixes terrorism with muslims.

it indeed has afected our lives, we cant deny that.

Either it be due to imperialistic England or France or whatever the reason is, it has afected our lives.
Gota

Post by Gota »

WTF?
Are you really gonna look at % of muslim terrorist acts in the past CENTURY??Why not a thousand years than?
100 years is too much in his case only the last few years are relevant.

There is nothing to do with people stereotyping, thats just how it is, lets get on topic instead of debating Islam again.

Here is the killer's manifesto he posted before doing all the killings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAwp2FnR ... ntrinter=1
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

He demands my attention? Request denied. The moment i dont watch him, he phailed.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”