Old martial arts film

Old martial arts film

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Old martial arts film

Post by Gota »

I dont know if the movie is from the late 70's 80's or early 90's but what i do know is that its a martial arts film of some sort about mediavla china or japan.

The fights had a lot of dismemberment and the fighters did crazy impossible high jumps...
It was very cheesy and unrealistic...

Anyone knows such movies?
smoth

Re: Old martial arts film

Post by smoth »

tons. but you have to give a bit more description about the plot than that.
yanom

Post by yanom »

Gota wrote: The fights had a lot of dismemberment and the fighters did crazy impossible high jumps...
It was very cheesy and unrealistic...
Every martial arts movie ever made?

:roll:

lol.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Thread-hijacking, same topic though.

Chinese martial arts film, starts of with a group of Shaolin monks, and some warlord gets into the picture, alot of well done fighting scenes with the monkes using bambu sticks while assulting some of the warlords river ships, later on they are fighting on the great wall, it was a remarkably welldone and more realistic then alot of the other "supernatual" martial arts movies from that time.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Soul wrote:Thread-hijacking, same topic though.

Chinese martial arts film, starts of with a group of Shaolin monks, and some warlord gets into the picture, alot of well done fighting scenes with the monkes using bambu sticks while assulting some of the warlords river ships, later on they are fighting on the great wall, it was a remarkably welldone and more realistic then alot of the other "supernatual" martial arts movies from that time.
New Shaolin Temple?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkyRu1VlXuQ
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Soul

Post by Soul »

Panda wrote:

New Shaolin Temple?
Ah, its not that one, too new, but it made me remember it.

Nan bei Shao Lin , aka The Shaolin Temple 3: Martial Arts of Shaolin.

Apparently i mixed two films together, the film above is the one with the river fighting scene, still cant find the movie with the Great Wall fighting scene though.

I highly recommend the early movies of Jet Lee.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Soul wrote:
Panda wrote:

New Shaolin Temple?

Apparently i mixed two films together, the film above is the one with the river fighting scene, still cant find the movie with the Great Wall fighting scene though.

If you like movies pertaining to Jet Lee then you might like Ip Man too. If you haven't heard of him, Ip Man was Jet Lee's teacher and a great person.

The second Ip Man movie has Jet Lee in it and is as good as the first movie.
fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

You mean Ip Man was Bruce Lee's teacher. Jet Li was not in either of the Ip Man movies. But yes the movies were good movies.
Panda

Post by Panda »

fc14159 wrote:You mean Ip Man was Bruce Lee's teacher. Jet Li was not in either of the Ip Man movies. But yes the movies were good movies.
Oh, yea.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Soul wrote:
Panda wrote:

New Shaolin Temple?

:-) Thanks for the recommendation anyway. I do like Jet Li too. He did a good job in Romeo Must Die, Hero, The One, and The Forbidden Kingdom.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

totally missed Yip Man.. great movie

edit: and so's Yip Man 2... great natural acting, rare thing..
Panda

Post by Panda »

"Red Cliff" is another great martial arts film. It involves, stunning war tactics (including the tortoise formation), cunning warlords, sword fighting, clever ladies, and excellent fight scenes.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”