Babies!

Babies!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Pressure Line

Babies!

Post by Pressure Line »

Yesterday morning I became a father! Baby and mum are fine.

Just figured at least someone would wonder what I'd been up to the past few months.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Babies!

Post by Forboding Angel »

Maekin babiez! Awwwwwlllright! hehee, congrats! My condolences :-P
Gota

Post by Gota »

Forboding Angel wrote:My condolences :-P
Happy for few days, sad for 18 years.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

he made a new spring player.. good work! Life will be great, dont you listen to all those envy-poast that grow around here, from guys like me!
Panda

Post by Panda »

Aw, how cute, but you can't do much with them until they get out of the eat, sleep, and poop stage! Congratulations! Is it a boy or a girl and what have you named him or her?

Also you should help your poor, tired wife (or significant other if that applies) by letting her get enough rest, especially if she's breast feeding.
PicassoCT wrote:he made a new spring player.. good work! Life will be great, dont you listen to all those envy-poast that grow around here, from guys like me!
Good post.

I know people who like the idea of having lots of kids too.
smoth

Post by smoth »

sudden picture with child... ok so you are traffiking babies, but why did it take a few months for this one? was it a special baby ;)
Gota

Post by Gota »

most people should not have kids at all, unless they are willing to Sacrifice their careers/hobbies in order to actually be a part of their kids upbrining and spending time with the child/children.

What mother/father is gonna give up their career(and how many people can actually effort having only one member of the family working) when the rate of divorce is so high...
You'll end up unemployed/irrelevant for the job market and divorced with a kid/kids.

So what have we got?
#1 (this will not be the case in most people's lives)Be born in a wealthy family where the mother or father will not be working or working part time for many years(if any of them will take that chance).
#2a Be born in a career oriented/selfish family where you are raised by nannies/babysitters/paid for after school courses/activities and *only see your parents for dinner and by the time you're a teenager you feel there is absolutely nothing you have in common with them and any sincere emotions that should have been there are replaced with what society around you perceives to be the accepted minimal amount of courtesy that should exist between parents and their kids(or the worst case where the child pays absolutely no regard to his parents)..
#2b Be raised by TV and * only see your parents for dinner and by the time you're a teenager you feel there is absolutely nothing you have in common with them and any sincere emotions that should have been there are replaced with what society around you perceives to be the accepted minimal amount of courtesy that should exist between parents and their kids(or the worst case where the child pays absolutely no regard to his parents).
Last edited by Gota on 03 Jul 2011, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

Congrats, now spam more ^^
smoth

Post by smoth »

Gota wrote:most people should not have kids at all, unless they are willing to Sacrifice their careers/hobbies in order to actually be a part of their kids upbrining and spending time with the child/children.

generalizations
So why you mad bro? Don't wet blanket the thread with your angst. Let PL be happy about producing offspring.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

nice baby bro
Panda

Post by Panda »

Gota wrote:when the rate of divorce is so high...
I hope that the divorce rate goes down. I don't know too people who have even been together and married for as long as Smoth and I have been together (12 years).

Be happy and proud anyway, though, Pressure Line. You have plenty of reasons to be happy and proud.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

D'aww.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Beautiful work! Don't forget though, he is still a WIP until he leaves the house! :D
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Gota wrote:most people should not have kids at all, unless they are willing to Sacrifice their careers/hobbies in order to actually be a part of their kids upbrining and spending time with the child/children.
Very very true. Sadly the way our society is these days does not promote the natural thing. If you get children you need to be a part of their life, and not dump them at some day care.

But well, there's a lot of bullshit in this world, and it's all related. I'm sure when things improve (and eventually they will, and we will stop this idiotic society) this problem will be fixed, and parents will spend a lot of time with their children.

@Pressure Line: Congratulations!
smoth

Post by smoth »

-_- because in nature man would have just had all the time in the world to sit around to tell stories and discuss life. That whole having to survive in nature etc.

the real time waster is people sitting around and watching tv... not providing for their family.
Panda

Post by Panda »

smoth wrote:-_- because in nature man would have just had all the time in the world to sit around to tell stories and discuss life. That whole having to survive in nature etc.

the real time waster is people sitting around and watching tv... not providing for their family.
I agree with this.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Thanks guys :)

He is a boy, and yes he has a name.

*yawn* baby is sleeping, time for a nap
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

well, i cant state anyting usefull to that, never having used the tv much after the discovery of moar advanced calculating maschines (i was 12 at that time, my first 386, old but reliable, upgraded it to heatdeath :.( )

i watch movies, but tv.. is there anything that is good, that doesent it make to youtube or into a torrent? I prefer my media filtered, by a audience with taste, if i can get it :D

Oh, i was suggesting "MadCat" as name, but now... Atlas coming to mind.. Raven would also be okay. A heated debate ensues, which results in heat-shutdown ;)
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Congrats PL! :mrgreen:
smoth

Post by smoth »

Pressure Line wrote:Thanks guys :)

He is a boy, and yes he has a name.

*yawn* baby is sleeping, time for a nap
you named him smoth right? ;)