Massive Steam sale - Page 2

Massive Steam sale

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

luckywaldo7

Re: Massive Steam sale

Post by luckywaldo7 »

And now so have I. So worth it :D.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I think I'll do a few tasks, pick up the Killing Floor content, and stop. That is, provided I have some time to invest.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Otherside wrote:I just got magicka and all its DLC for 8 euros.
Was the rest of the DLC worth it? I just got the main game and Vietnam.

Also, you can get 4 tickets for the 10-free-games-from-your-wishlist raffle without even playing a game for achievements - simple crap like recommending a game, commenting on a friend's account, linking your facebook acc't, and joining the Summer Camp group gets you 4 tickets altogether so far.

3 tickets is needed to dl some of the free DLC they're offering. Free DLC includes stuff like more missions for various games, some free skins for Serious Sam, etc.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Yeah but if you're like me you own many of the games anyway and the challenges can be quite worth it just for the fun factor.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

I just bought AI War + 3 expansions for 3,74Ôé¼ total. I heard it's worth it?
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

I bought l4d2 but unfortunately my internet here is so crappy that I cant really play it.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Teutooni wrote:I just bought AI War + 3 expansions for 3,74Ôé¼ total. I heard it's worth it?
If you're into S&M. It's absurdly hard at times.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The difficulty is very adjustable, there's the obvious difficulty level but also the various AI plots and styles and minor factions that can help or hinder you massively.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Machete234 wrote:I bought l4d2 but unfortunately my internet here is so crappy that I cant really play it.
Ohcrap, I just realized I forgot to buy l4d2!!!

N000000000000!
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Whole bunch of C&C are 80% off. Any of them worth it?
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

The Mount and Blade games are quite fun and they are on sale for the right price i think. I have both Warband and Fire & Sword. I'd suggest it. Also it's always nice to have new people to kill :twisted:
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Aegis is crazy enough to attempt 100%ing the tickets.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

MB: Warband is tempting, MB: Fire & Sword is bullshit (it's a modded version of Warband without a couple of features), AI War - well I don't really like this game not my cup of tea... anything else worth mentioning?

Speaking of sales. GOG has some good deals too (goodoldgames.com) with price reductions of 30-60%. They usually offer titles at $10 or $6 (~$4-$2.50 reduced). Pretty good if you ask me cause some of the games can't be gotten anywhere else just because they are too damn old. Plus, more than often these $6 classics are more fun than your average $50 over hyped next gen game :-)

So while they offer few newer titles they've got all your favorite 2D RPGs such as the complete BG and IWD series, PST, entire Fallout series, full Earth 21_0 series, a couple of rarities like Divine Dvinity or Beyond Divinity and several dozen other games up their sleeves like talkie versions of Lucas Arts adventures and then some. I find this site more statisfying with offers than what is on Steam right now...
Last edited by rattle on 10 Jul 2011, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

luckywaldo7 wrote:Whole bunch of C&C are 80% off. Any of them worth it?
CNC1, RA1, CNC2 (Tiberian Sun), RA2, CNC3. I don't really care much about the other games. The first three games are freebies nowadays btw.
Soul

Post by Soul »

Regret wrote:
smoth wrote:I wonder about you regret.
I do not take kindly to viral marketing, DRM promotion or commercial advertisements in general.
I wonder if there is anything Regret takes kindly to...

Some steam games are nice, but if its not something you would buy normally then you are most likely wasting your cash and time, try to focus on fewer games and become better at them, its far more rewarding.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Soul wrote:
Regret wrote:
I do not take kindly to viral marketing, DRM promotion or commercial advertisements in general.

Some steam games are nice, but if its not something you would buy normally then you are most likely wasting your cash and time, try to focus on fewer games and become better at them, its far more rewarding.
Sale's over, man.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Soul wrote:
Regret wrote:

Good point.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”