Dungeon Siege 3

Dungeon Siege 3

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Dungeon Siege 3

Post by rattle »

...can suck my cock, consolized piece of shit!

I've had enough of ass effect, bitcher or wacko age... can't you guys produce decent games anymore that shine through gameplay mechanics rather than bloated graphics?
smoth

Re: Dungeon Siege 3

Post by smoth »

after ds2 turned into a linear crapfest are you suprised?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

DS3 isn't even by the same developer as DS2.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Oh? Is it freeroam like the first?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

no it's a lot of silly dead ends to explore other than that it is walk in one direction to the grande finale...

So I've begun playing on hardcore difficulty to see if it is any challenge at all and right now, the only challenge is the half-assed camera that more than often blocks your view or it is your toon that refuses to do certain things vital for survival, like blocking or dodging enemy blows that indeed hit a little harder on hardcore.

I'm very happy I did not spend any money on this game. Although there is word that a patch is in the making to deconsolize the game... why consoilze it in the first place. Do these suckers play their own games? Apparently not...

Developer is Obsidian, which is well known for NWN2 and it's addons. I kinda wished for a revamped DS1....
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I don't think DS1 counted as freeroam, sure there are a few largish areas like the swamp but it's still linear.

I had quite a bit of fun with DS1. 3 people on a lan, 3 pure combat mages. We used Acid Glyph for a fair portion of the game, DS1 was not particularly strong on balance but that didn't matter.

I also beat DS2 on a lan. Wasn't quite as much fun as the first, it seemed more balanced so there weren't as many really funny spells or unreasonably hard battles. Less enemies too.

I don't have any hopes for DS3, consolization doesn't make a game instantly bad but it does make me wary, Oblivion taught me this. They seem to have made an 'action' RPG based on the plot of the previous games. Which is funny really as DS1 barely has a plot.

The Ebb DS1 plot appears to end at Stonebridge after which you travel through prettymuch every fantasy environmental setting (and a few others) with no apparent connection (why do you find goblin mechs after wandering through a swamp?). A small portion of the boss battles were plot themed and you eventually stumble across the castle of the Head Villain.
smoth

Post by smoth »

rattle wrote:Although there is word that a patch is in the making to deconsolize the game... why consoilze it in the first place. Do these suckers play their own games? Apparently not...

Developer is Obsidian, which is well known for NWN2 and it's addons. I kinda wished for a revamped DS1....
a quick google search turned up that they ran out of time and hate that the controls are shit. So they seem to give a fuck.

One issue I want to raise with you is this: you blame the devs. It is not their fault. This makes me angry, gamers act like devs are to have no life and live to slavishly produce for them. This reall calls for a long rant which I'll male later with pictures and stuff. They devs only have so much time and are often given tight If not unreasonable schedules. So do not blame them for what the suits force them to do. People do not work for free and they probably had to put long hours in doing both versions of the game. You need to be angry at the board of people telling them to make it for 2 systems at once with probably a time line which only allows for one with priority being the console market which unlike the pc market is thriving partially because console piracy is less common
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

After some oogle-google I found out about a 360 controller emulator with that I can play this game now with my ~13 year old PS2 pad a whole lot better... figures that consolized games play alright with a gamepad, but it doesn't make the first impression that much better .
x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.1.zip
Same thing with DS3: this is NOT the product I was expecting. It's not even in the same genre. I was expecting a PC Action-RPG. The box said PC Action-RPG. What was actually inside that box was a console beatemup with rpg elements
some impressions from the GF boards (yeah I know).. that pretty much sums it up
smoth

Post by smoth »

You don't need obscure drivers man I have a ps3/3 style controller and an xbox controller I use in my ps2 emulator :)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

You need an obscure driver for these shitty console ports (as in DS3 and a dozen other) that only accept xbox controllers. It's no more than a wrapper anyway, no harm done.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I liked the first...
Id play this if it was like first but more free roam...
I dont even need 6 or 7 chars at once..
2 is fine but this game seems to be fail...
Im waiting for torchlight 2..than diablo 3.

Im actually even more interested in trying torchlight 2.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

didnt they make a movie?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

An Uwe Boll production, starring Jason Statham.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

bobthedinosaur wrote:didnt they make a movie?

joker, he calls that thing movie !
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

hey the movie was alright... it had more of a story than all dungeon siege games combined
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I enjoyed the film myself as well, there were some interesting elements and you had an odd mixture of excellent and terrible acting talent.

If nothing else, you can respect it for convincing Boll never to work at that level of budget again. It was his most expensive film, and a few of the very cheap recent ones have apparently been mostly ad libbed, which is probably an improvement over his script oversight.

I actually give Obsidian a lot of slack. Obsidian seems to just get very, very large projects with very low amounts of time to work on them. Fallout 3 at Bethesda started development in June 2004 and was released in Oct 2008. New Vegas development ran from Feb 2009 to Oct 2010, laying off parts of the team during the industry downturn, and the result was a much larger title with similar problems and revamped gameplay.

Anyway, I wasn't interested in DS3 because I didn't enjoy the previous games, so I was not touched by the lackluster results.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

rattle wrote:...can suck my cock, consolized piece of shit!

I've had enough of ass effect, bitcher or wacko age... can't you guys produce decent games anymore that shine through gameplay mechanics rather than bloated graphics?
tried Witcher?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

rattle wrote:I've had enough of ass effect, bitcher or wacko age...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I still haven't tried Alpha Protocol or Two Worlds II. I hear Alpha Protocol shines due to the three types of "dick" dialogue options.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

rattle wrote:bloated graphics?
They cant do properly Graphics neither Gameplay.
Look at the Particle Amount (HEY IT HAS 40 PARTICLES AND IT LOOKS COOL!) They fail on both.

Masters of None i woul'd say

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”