Video Game Industry - Page 3

Video Game Industry

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMightyOne

Re: Video Game Industry

Post by TheMightyOne »

TradeMark wrote:Who needs minecrap? i mean, i dont. i can go to woods if i want to get lost in randomly generated terrains. much more better gfx too.

Who needs FIFA games I can play football myself? Who needs FPS Shooters? I can go to war. The list goes on...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Cheesecan wrote:To tell you the truth I'm not really a big fan of minecraft either, the gameplay is too shallow for my attention span(also I outgrew LEGOs in childhood), but like many others I initially found it interesting and appealing enough to buy. Not sure why you hate so much on notch and minecraft, why not be glad instead that an indie game dev finally had some luck? It means that in this day and age you can still make a game on your own and have success, something which to me is a pretty cool thing.
hate notch? how can i hate him, i have never talked to him. i just hate crap that gets popular, like modern art for example, people buy art that was literally made by throwing shit at the walls. thats what pisses me off. same with minecrap, its the same to me.

if minecrap didnt get popular just because "wow i can move legos! hihihi monster surprise!" style of gaming, then i would certainly not hate it that much... hell, i might even play it then! but games which consist of 6 year old lego mentality just drives me away big step. and it starts to disgust me to hear about it all the time. its like hearing people talking about some stupid TV drama soap opera series and you just cant take it anymore... if you know how that feels... :shock:
knorke

Post by knorke »

rollercoaster tycoon, simcity, transport tycoon,... are "LEGO" to a degree as well.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

how could u forget about the sims :(
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

TradeMark, I think you confuse "stupid" with "simple".
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

That "6-year-old Lego mentality" you speak of is what's behind most of the technology, machinery, and software you use.
I take it that engineering and programming aren't really your thing?
smoth

Post by smoth »

I want to troll this but I won't

Cheesecan, I present to you trademark. He is frustrated because he doesn't like it and is sick of hearing about how "great" minecraft is. He himself doesn't agree and because he needs an absolute for what is great and what is not, the idea for him creates a great deal of cognitive dissonance. This much to his consternation cannot be resolved because he cannot understand or accept the opinions of others who "like what they like" such as pink text. Some people are just this way and because this is causing a value conflict which is apparently rooted in an inability to accept these ideas he will forever be frustrated by it unless the world accepts his views. Not saying it is a bad thing but I think you are exacerbating him by trying to explain it. Or he is fucking with us, aka lolwedungottrolled
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Paradox Interactive, SGD, Avalanche Studios, Illuminate Labs and Frictional Games all operate out of Sweden. They've brought you games like Just Cause, Hearts Of Iron, and Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

MidKnight wrote:That "6-year-old Lego mentality" you speak of is what's behind most of the technology, machinery, and software you use.
i think i didnt mean what you think i meant...
smoth wrote:He is frustrated because he doesn't like it and is sick of hearing about how "great" minecraft is. He himself doesn't agree and because he needs an absolute for what is great and what is not, the idea for him creates a great deal of cognitive dissonance. This much to his consternation cannot be resolved because he cannot understand or accept the opinions of others who "like what they like" such as pink text. Some people are just this way and because this is causing a value conflict which is apparently rooted in an inability to accept these ideas he will forever be frustrated by it unless the world accepts his views.
you understand me a little better nowadays, but still so wrong. a single person opinions doesnt make me mad at all. nor does million person opinions, unless they conflict strongly with my opinions... for example if everyone in finland was retarded minecrap fan, i would probably move out of here ASAP.

so... you guys never get annoyed when some retards keep talking about some retarded TV-show over and over again? what the hell... i must be traumatized somehow... well, who cares, at least i save some money when i dont buy useless 600Ôé¼ worth iphones every year just because i just have to get one... for no reason...
smoth

Post by smoth »

I think we are making progress yes but I have to wait until later to continue discussion
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

TheMightyOne wrote:Who needs FIFA games I can play football myself?
absolutely. I have always thought football computer games incredibly stupid (much like trademark hates minecraft I suspect).
TheMightyOne wrote:Who needs FPS Shooters? I can go to war.
Wait.. isn't that quite a lot more dangerous and a rather big commitment compared to playing a computer game? Don't think you thought that one through..
TradeMark wrote:Who needs minecrap? i mean, i dont. i can go to woods if i want to get lost in randomly generated terrains. much more better gfx too.
Perhaps minecraft is made for people who aren't miners that live near woods?

Wombat wrote:how could u forget about the sims :(
erm, thats like barbie dolls not lego..
Panda

Post by Panda »

PicassoCT wrote:Even a lazy cog somewhere has to enter the wheel
:P I adore Cogs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZzWVkJ5fZk
Gota

Post by Gota »

Wait, dont we all agree minecraft is shit?especially after terraria was reelased.
Panda

Post by Panda »

:o :-) Minecraft is cool!
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Now that is how polished games look! *downloading*
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »