What's the deal with this royal wedding?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Seriously, why do so many people watch this? Why, why would you want to see it? Because people want to be like them? It's just two people getting married.

The amount of people who watch this shit disgusts me. I'm just so against it, they're not gods, they're normal people like you and me. Why does half the world need to see this wedding? Queens, kings, princes, all those things are just titles. The people who have those titles are in no way better, higher, more valuable, special, or different from normal people.

I hate how some people worship celebrities and/or 'royal' people. This stupid wedding and the amount of people who watch it is a perfect example of the stupidity of the world and society.

Discuss?
SinbadEV

Re: What's the deal with this royal wedding?

Post by SinbadEV »

I didn't watch but:
- They are rich
- They are famous
- For a very long time a lot of people were ruled by the British empire/Monarchy and the notion has become ingrained into western cultures
- Every girl wants to be a princess... the only way for this to happen for reals is to marry a prince

I don't understand this negative reaction I'm seeing... let the people who care have their fun.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Panda

Post by Panda »

SinbadEV wrote:Every girl wants to be a princess... the only way for this to happen for reals is to marry a prince
Nah, I never wanted to be a princess. I used to like sea creatures and gymnastics when I was little. Princesses don't tend to swim around in the ocean and do gymnastics. But, yea, a lot of girls like the princess idea.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

saw some lady on the news the other day who couldn't get time off work to go so she quit her job o.O all sorts of homes/cars around here showing an english flag today...

madness, simply madness.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I always wanted to be jacobinian henchmen, i built my very own guilitin, dressed melons up as princesses, kings and queens, and executed them in style. Bonus if you liked melons.

Srsly, its something hardwired into the human brain. Look up to the tribe leader, he who has great sucess robbing the neighborhood, getting everything he wants- youve got to copy him.

I enjoy the idea of how many people will have arguments, after they watched that wedding.
*TV is off.
He: HEY, i wanted to watch that, after all i gave in when you wanted to watch the wedding.
SHE: You never [place outrageous demands] or did [insane activity] for me, how can you life with yourself, looking into the mirror every morning.
HE: Very well, would you kindly hand over the remote.
(Evil Silence Charging UP)
SHE: This wouldnt have happened, if i had choosen that other guy on that opportunity of my life, that i missed.. oh, poor me. You always..and so on-
Good to know there are normal people out there to like Panda or Sinbad who hate that stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGy0QRXvjgU
Vid related, its a Prince and Symbol of everything better.

Also relax, the madness of a monarchy, doesent last long, she will di-force- smack, right into a tunnel, its tradition and william will become a obsessed gardener to compensate the tragedy.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I don't care enough about the wedding to make a new thread about how I don't care about it, but I care enough to reply to an an op about not caring about it to tell everyone that I don't care about it.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Half of the man are in it for the special british livecam journalism, which will give us the wedding night for some extra pounds. Stay tuned.
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

I agree Hoi that they are just people and in no way does being royal make them special, but I will say they do put in an awful lot of work. Their entire lives are spent travelling every day to different places to increase morale of the populace, they're constantly followed by the media. To say theyre special is stupid but to say they dont work hard is more stupid so lets not hear any of that in this wondrous thread.

As for the wedding I couldn't really care less, but I am extremely pleased everyone else seems to, as it meant I had 7 hours at work of just messing around and socializing behind the tills because there were literally NO customers :D Was much fun!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i dont care much about this wedding, event like all others for me. but im curious, if it would be same popular if all these fans/or how to call them knew more details about royal family history. fascination with nazism, their connections with hitler, hate to churchill etc.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Wombat wrote:i dont care much about this wedding, event like all others for me. but im curious, if it would be same popular if all these fans/or how to call them knew more details about royal family history. fascination with nazism, their connections with hitler, hate to churchill etc.
Bah, everyone hated Churchill... he was a Dick, he just happened to be OUR Dick so we let him do his thing.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

hitler promised royal family to keep their throne after he wins against the britain. churchill was against, thats why royal family hated him, was the one against nazis.

is he still dick ?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... as+awesome
Wombat wrote:hitler promised royal family to keep their throne after he wins against the britain. churchill was against, thats why royal family hated him, was the one against nazis.

is he still dick ?
I thought it was generally accepted... I'm not saying the Windsors were pissing rainbows or anything.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

yah, but its the last think u would expect from someone who SHOULD be pissing rainbows :D

btw, princess Diana was prettier.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Hoi wrote:Seriously, why do people POST ABOUT THIS? Why, why would you want to READ ABOUT IT? Because people want to be like them? It's just two people getting married.

The PEOPLE who POST this shit disgust me. I'm just so against it, they're not gods, they're normal people like you and me. Why does half the world need to READ ABOUT this wedding? Queens, kings, princes, all those things are just titles. The people who have those titles are in no way better, higher, more valuable, special, or different from normal people.

I hate how some people worship celebrities and/or 'royal' people. This stupid wedding and the people who POST ABOUT it is a perfect example of the stupidity of the world and society.

Discuss?
FIXED!!!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

gota jelly coz will.i.am gets a laid sometimes.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

PicassoCT wrote:I enjoy the idea of how many people will have arguments, after they watched that wedding.
*TV is off.
He: HEY, i wanted to watch that, after all i gave in when you wanted to watch the wedding.
SHE: You never [place outrageous demands] or did [insane activity] for me, how can you life with yourself, looking into the mirror every morning.
HE: Very well, would you kindly hand over the remote.
(Evil Silence Charging UP)
SHE: This wouldnt have happened, if i had choosen that other guy on that opportunity of my life, that i missed.. oh, poor me. You always..and so on-
You forgot that every single channel broadcasted the same thing today. You can use the remote all you want, the little logo and the banner may change, but not the picture.
Ares
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by Ares »

You only owe as much respect and courteously towards a marriage as you would consider polite at your own ceremony. Any more is frivolous, any less is disrespectful.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Wombat wrote:hitler promised royal family to keep their throne after he wins against the britain. churchill was against, thats why royal family hated him, was the one against nazis.

is he still dick ?
you literally just made up that story
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

no, ppl much smarter than me or u actually.
King Edward VIII, who became the Duke of Windsor after abdicating in 1936, was sympathetic towards Hitler. In 1970 he told one interviewer: ÔÇ£I never thought Hitler was such a bad chap.ÔÇØ The duke and his wife, Wallis Simpson, had visited Germany in 1937 and were taken to meet the F├╝hrer.
ÔÇ£Other royals also had links to the Nazis,ÔÇØ writes Richard Woods for the Sunday Times. ÔÇ£Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, the father of Princess Michael of Kent, was a party member and an honorary member of the SS. And the brother of Princess Alice, a great-aunt to the Queen, was a Nazi who said that Hitler had done a ÔÇÿwonderful job.ÔÇÖÔÇØ
stop watching hollywood movies and go read some.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”