Core Exercises With A Fitness Ball - Page 3

Core Exercises With A Fitness Ball

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cheesecan

Re: Core Exercises With A Fitness Ball

Post by Cheesecan »

Deadlifts shouldn't be performed with dumbbells so smoth doesn't know what he's doing.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cheesecan wrote:Deadlifts shouldn't be performed with dumbbells so smoth doesn't know what he's doing.
seems you are not omniscient

Sup cochese, looks like you don't
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Sorry smoth but just because an exercise exists on exrx doesn't mean it's the proper way, deadlifts should be done with a barbell period.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Sorry cheese but you are making assumptions about who taught me that. Feel free to keep popping off your amateur opinion but it doesn't make you right.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

That's fine, I don't see any professionals here just amateurs.
smoth

Post by smoth »

So what part qualifies you to tell me what is and isn't correct? Nothing, your advice is as useless as "lol squats and oats" but it's ok because you can tell my gf that I am telling her the wrong thing. *rolleyes*

Truthfully I did learn it from a trainer not the random dockheads who are paid to stand around a gym but someone who went to college and has a proper degree, who's family owns gyms and has been doing this all his life but hey you are more qualified so why do iisten to him. He only trains individual clients and has a lifetime if knowledge backed by an education and professional experience. I should just follow what the circulated fitness magazines say. I should just have panda doing full on Romanian deadlifts before she has built any stability or core strength because that will definitely not result in an injury <-sarcasm
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Calm down, both of you. It's making the thread all angry. :(
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

sport is moar fun in teams, and team sport is even moar fun, if it is a game. Paintball, combine it with other sports. (Carry the weight to the bombplace.etc.)
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

C'mon rage moar.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Smoth does a great job as far as weight lifting goes and I'm glad he's there to help me. I don't think that there is any way I could have learned all of this stuff about how to properly do weightlifting without him there. He is very knowledgeable about what proper form is since he practiced with his personal trainer who was educated very devoted to his life's work of being a personal trainer. I never could have learned these important techniques and safety procedures on my own or have been able to do weightlifting without his help. Weightlifting can be dangerous and it's something that I've never really had much of a natural talent for like acrobatics because I don't have a lot of bulky muscle. I had been doing acrobatics since I was a child, was very good at it, can still do some of those acrobatics, and it doesn't really require any special equipment or heavy lifting, unlike weightlifting, but I feel that I really do need to build up some more strength. It's not good to feel as though you are always having difficulty lifting a stack of books to carry them to class. Therefore, I'm glad to have Smoth here helping me learn how to lift weights.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Cheesecan stop being a troll.

It isn't conventional to do the exercises with dumbells instead of barbells but it's fine.
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

you wanna use your power to lock this thread too bruce

crap... i remember why I left.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

scrotum wrote:you wanna use your power to lock this thread too bruce

crap... i remember why I left.
I thought you were okay with your thread being locked. Anyway, if you have problems with the moderation, solve it via PM.
Don't derail other peoples' discussions, please.
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

yes we wouldn't want to interfere with your controlled environment now. While I was ok with it I was also hoping they wouldn't.

for that matter I'm ok with a ban, if thats how things work
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Scrotum, if you're not happy here then leave, this thread might still be salvagable if everyone acts decently.
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

wtf are you even talking about ''acts decently''

all I see you doing is closing threads and calling people out for being trolls

why are you even here... is the bar set this low

the last time my account ''scratch'' got in trouble because my posts were laid out in an ''over the top manner'' lol

and im not the only one with this complaint that has tried and failed to become a member of this sterile community. you should be thankful for the ones that stay

edit: and don't PM me man, if you have an issue, please keep it public... or ban, or unlock my thread, and let it die on its own
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

scrotum wrote:im not the only one with this complaint that has tried and failed to become a member of this sterile community. you should be thankful for the ones that stay
This is the forum for a game engine. Our primary purpose is producing amazing things using this wonderful tool that is Spring. We neither want nor need abrasiveness to achieve that goal.

Take a look at some of the most vibrant communities of the web. Most of these are a lot more "sterile" than these forums will ever be.

If you want to play rough, SomethingAwful or 4Chan may be a better place for you.
scrotum

Post by scrotum »

I'm sorry for derailing this thread. The OP deserves better. I made my statement.
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Back on topic.

Convict conditioning is a book about bodyweight training, it's got some good exercises if you can filter out the broscience. Bridges and leg raises are a good combo for back/stomach.
Remember not to overtrain one side of a muscle group pairing, ie too much abs work and not enough lower back. This can cause postural difficulties if it becomes severe (very unlikely).

I have slightly winged scapula because I've overtrained my pecs without training my upper back, this is something I'm working on fixing with pullups/rows.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Well, as this topic is about female activitys, i like to use it to protest, in the name of all of huwomankind female activists against the(r) outrageous lock of the women-threat. This is supressing of the lower male instincts, and as the group that has the right to exploit these lower instincts, i demand the thread to be reopened.

Also it can be usefull to have your leg constantly moving while you have to sit at work.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”