I got a big big problem :(

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Local mafia is trying to extort money from me... I don't know what to do, one guy from them said he will come back each month to get money.
SHIT

edit : FUCK
Last edited by triton on 25 Apr 2011, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Regret

Re: I got a big problem :(

Post by Regret »

triton wrote:Local mafia is trying to extort money from me... I don't know what to do, one guy from them said he will come back each month to get money.
SHIT

edit : FUCK
Go to a police station in another city and get help.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Local mafia? What the fuck?

What kind of mafia is this? Big and dangerous mafia with guns, or just some kids with knives?

If it's 'the real' mafia, you should move to a different city and don't let them find out where. They will ask more money every month and at some point ask you to deliver drugs and do more mafia things. If you don't pay they might actually shoot you.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

get adwise from not payers in other countrys- in italy there are whole street with shop-keepers who not pay protection money, if the crime gets organized, youve got to get counter organized.

Talk to other shop-keepers near you, that pay- calculate how much security you could hire from the extaution money. Also make a insurance police against fire and a life insurrance police for everyone in this group, level up protection (cameras, no flameable materials outside, silent alarms, patrolling privat security, arm yourself, dog)

Last but not least- dont tell them, another group already has you payin.
Do not resist alone, do not provoke those trying to get money, low level thugs often dont like there jobs themselves.

Last but not least, tell it to the police, only if they protect the identity of witnesses and if your country is properly fighting the mafia. Be prepared to loose important customers, its often suprising how big those companys are they own.

If you pay, do not feel ashamed, and do not accept it as forever. Think and scheme, to get away from those parasites, because they will drag you down in the long run. If they cut of from the winners, they equal them with the loosers, so why then try to win at all? Every country the mafia is big in, has economical problems to the max.

Wish you the very best, bad situation you are in.
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

In russia u'd better pay those guys in this situation dunno how it is done in france.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Arent you afraid one of them is a spring player?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

guess its pretty easy to be a heroe if your own family isnt in the line of fire. But you wont be happy ever again if they bleed you dry. wish there was moar we could do to help.

Spring isnt interesting for the mafia. Lack of money. But gota, you look very dry and unprotected to me.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

get a gun, and wait for them...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:get a gun, and wait for them...
Yeah, really not such a great idea to attack the Mafia.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Hmm... maybe offer them some cheese and they'll surrender?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Jazcash wrote:
so you would just give them the money? pussies...
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Try posting this on Reddit, they'll know what to do.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

First off, do whatever it is you need to do to avoid getting you or those you love shot. Second, I am not qualified to give you advice.

If you can believe what you see on fictional TV it would be best to contact your federal police organization anonymously as they are less likely to be on the take from local "organizations". If your company has insurance with a larger/national entity they may be able to suggest options.
smoth

Post by smoth »

You have my sympathies.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:
Jazcash wrote:
so you would just give them the money? pussies...
Personally I'd pack up what I have, sell of shit I can't take and just get the hell outa there. Maybe not the greatest idea but it sure as hell beats dying.
pintle

Post by pintle »

My advice would be to speak with local businesses similar to your own, and find out how the are dealing with the situation. Did your brother have any contact from these people?

Local law enforcement may or may not be helpful, depending very much on levels of corruption and bribery. Your local competition and similar businesses probably have much more useful ideas than any RTS nerds on the internet :P
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

Constructive cowardice is always the way... ;D

*hopes no ladies read this*
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

pintle wrote: RTS nerds on the internet :P
Brainstorm! You challenge them to BA 1v1 on Comet and if you win, you go free! Brilliant!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

hmmm I get the impressions most of the details have been edited out, all I can say is I wish you good luck, and dont trust local enforcement, go elsewhere and demand theyre not involved =(
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Some ideas are interesting. Maybe I'll just wait and see if the main guy really come back with a gun to ask me money like he said...

In fact the problem is complex. The Boss of the thud is a good client of my restaurant and the girlfriend of his son works for me.

For those who don't know, I manage the restaurant that my brother openned last year, he is still working a bit with me but he's openning a restaurant in a city close to the first restaurant in less than one month.
I'll be only boss after that and Frank (the boss of the thud) still have some respect for me.
Problem started after a fight in front of the restaurant yesturday, I came outside when I heard some cry. Frank, his sons and his wife was kinda fighting some stupid guys, but it wasnt really frightning, my bro was inside the restaurant and when he came outside things were finished without much violence.

Frank came back 5 minutes later and started to be very aggressive againt my bro because he didnt came at the right time.
So now he doesnt have any respect anymore for my bro, he said that he'll come back each month to get money etc..

He still have some respect for me because I was here to help, but he will act as the restaurant was still only my bro's restaurant. He already came 8 or 9 times in jail for many reasons, all thud in my city are afraid by him, in fact he was already the guy who was protecting us from some other guys.

Only protection I have is a guy who was a soldier few years ago who works for me as barman but he won't be always here and even if he's very loyal to me, he's the boyfriend of Frank's niece...

Frank can easily have 30 or more guys to attack us or the restaurant, he control the street and drugs business.

I still don't know what to do and how much he wants.

If only I was the Boss from start... my bro drinks a lot and all the prob I've got with the restaurant come from his mistakes...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”