I got a big big problem :( - Page 2

I got a big big problem :(

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

scifi

Re: I got a big big problem :(

Post by scifi »

perhaps you can talk to him explain that youll be in charge from now on, that you can take care of things, if he gets picky man then you have to pay him, but behare if you pay him out of fear he migth loose respect for you.

So if you try to convince him even offer to come a few times for free to the restaurant e.t.c there isnt mutch you can do here.
Since going to the police can mean a lot of things, closure of the restaurant, loss of money.

There isnt really any good solution to the problem, wish you good luck, behave calm and always apear to be in control of things sometimes a way out presents itself.
pintle

Post by pintle »

I'm not sure at all about this, but.... it sounds like you may have an oppurtunity to approach Frank, explain the situation about management of the restaurant to him, and start with carte blanche (is that the correct way of saying "a blank slate"/tabula rasa en francais? :P).

It sounds like he is pretty well established in the local economy, and direct confrontation may not go your way, so trying to appease him may be your best bet.

I maintain that speaking with other local and similar businesses about how they deal with this would be by starting point.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Have you seen Godfather?
This is what you need to do.
You need to leave the restaurant buisness and get into rocketeering.
You must get rid of frank by shooting him during a festival in your town and than getting rid of the weapon by throwing it down a chimney.
From there on you will take over his turf and than become one of France's top gangsters.

Good Luck.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

pintle wrote:I'm not sure at all about this, but.... it sounds like you may have an oppurtunity to approach Frank, explain the situation about management of the restaurant to him, and start with carte blanche (is that the correct way of saying "a blank slate"/tabula rasa en francais? :P).

It sounds like he is pretty well established in the local economy, and direct confrontation may not go your way, so trying to appease him may be your best bet.

I maintain that speaking with other local and similar businesses about how they deal with this would be by starting point.
This might be bad advice, but since he has, heretofore, being actually providing protection to your establishment, paying him a reasonable amount of "protection money" might be a reasonable thing to do... I also agree that you don't want to roll over and take it... unless your planning on eliminating all crime in your city there's going to be someone trying to jerk you around, it might as well be someone who respects you.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

next time he comes get the money , you record the whole thing with a hidden cam, and gg no re, you revert the situation and ask HIM to pay :D
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

This is why I'll never fit into the real world, I could never be assed with all of this.. Just leave me with my chemistry books, I like to think of them as my 'happy place'..
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

thats a really ugly situation

call the police, let them know the situation; that you feel threatened, and are arming yourself (take advantage of your liberal gun laws! for "utility" weapons such as a low capacity shotgun, you dont even require a licence)

by not involving the police you're isolating yourself really from any possible help.

the only alternatives would be to pay up (and really, fuck that... if you were going to do that you wouldnt have made this thread in the first place) or to fight him directly which would be stupid if its just going to be you against a whole gang.

or you can buy me a plane ticket and i'll go charles bronson on his ass
pintle

Post by pintle »

KaiserJ wrote:or you can buy me a plane ticket and i'll go charles bronson on his ass
...make that 20/30 tickets and I think we may have our solution! Spring-player-in-need international task force: ASSEMBLE!

Mob of 30+ springers > french mafia enforcers.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

pintle wrote:
KaiserJ wrote:or you can buy me a plane ticket and i'll go charles bronson on his ass
...make that 20/30 tickets and I think we may have our solution! Spring-player-in-need international task force: ASSEMBLE!

Mob of 30+ springers > french mafia enforcers.
I was going to suggest you find Nathan Ford or John "Hannibal" Smith... but that could work too.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Good luck to you. I wouldn't stick around.
Gota

Post by Gota »

one thing we can do is hack into their facebook accounts and post their nude pictures all over the place...well, if not that we can at least spam vulgarities everywhere.
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

To be honest, if you go to the police and put them work with your situation, you just get yourself in much, much more deeper shit. Because the way that Frank sees the thing is, if you don't make this be a police case, you're looking like a good guy in his eyes and that's the respect you can give him.

Also remember that you're not the main problem he has, I bet he has tons of more problems in his business and you're on the bottom of that list. Don't panic, be calm, don't show any forms of fear. If he wants something, then just do what he tells you to do if it looks like it might help you to get out of that situation. If he smells fear, it might just give the impression that you're not trusthworthy.

Also if I were you, I would kick your bro's ass.
fc14159

Post by fc14159 »

My advice is to wait and see how much they want. If it's not so much that it's unacceptable, then pay the money. As long as you have their respect and trust, they won't escalate anything. If they want too much, or if it's obvious that they're not leaving you alone either way, then it would depend on how much you trust your law enforcement. If the police can't do anything, then I say you get the hell out of there. Worst thing you can do is threaten the gang leader or hurt his dignity; then you're asking for some deep shit.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Give him a bitch slap, that'll sort things out.
You can also try spitting in his face.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

This sounds pretty awful, I feel for you man :(

advice?

Buy a decent quality dictaphone that records to MP3, keep it running on your person every day. at the end of each day, remove the MP3 and archive it on your computer and upload it somewhere reliable. Likewise, buy a recorder for any phones you use for the buisness and keep all the relavent recordings of extortion. Depending on funds, buy a bunch of small and un-noticeable closed circuit cameras, keep the tapes of any occourances. This way, your ass is covered and you have evidence and leverage should you decide to get the law involved in the future.

I dont see how buying a gun would help you at all, pulling a gun out dosn't leave you with many options and all of them are bad. if you shoot someone, you go to jail. If you resist force with force, you make the gang leader look weak infront of his peers and he will be forced to make a stronger retaliation.

I dont think you want to start paying protection money, regular bribes have a habit of swiftly growing in size... they'll bleed you dry.

If you have to give somthing you could try offering Frank the option to permamently eat free at the resteraunt? food is relatively cheap for you to buy, but it assumes high value when served, even feeding the guy three meals a day seven days a week wont hit the buisness as much as a few hundred euro/week protection money
smoth

Post by smoth »

What strikes me as odd is that you have been under his protection and you bro didn't return the favor. Seems like he is offering a service or am I over simplifying it?
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Maybe this sounds damn stupid but just floating the idea.

Would it be an option to hire one of Frank's men to be a door guard on weekend evenings when Frank comes around?

Sounds to me like what Frank really wants is his family's guaranteed safety when they go out for a nice dinner at your place, without looking weak by bringing his own possy along.

In a sense you let him down before because you are two brothers and an ex-soldier barman who could fend off some small-time thugs for Frank. For him to have to do it personally in front of his family is like an insult.

Hiring a guy looks less bad than accepting to pay him outright, because you can explain the decision.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

^
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

The intertubes, a place for advvice and jokes about your faith.

Again, i would suggest not paying, just think of all the additional harm that comes out of paying. Its not only you who suffers, but somebody else has to suffer from your money- somewhere else, weapons or durgs are bought with that money, some company goes out of buisness because it just cant keep up with the mafia company.

Its easy to recomend courage beeing one country away, but others might be in a similar situation, go, find them, team up, against the team that decied to be bullying jocks for the rest of there life.
keijj0

Post by keijj0 »

damn u triton, dont get killed yet.. i want mah free food!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”