Open IG

Open IG

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Open IG

Post by rattle »

http://code.google.com/p/open-ig/

cool stuff innit.. loved that game
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Re: Open IG

Post by SwiftSpear »

I never played the original IG, is this going to be an xcom type game where I have to put hours and hours into it before it starts making sense and getting fun?
PTSnoop

Post by PTSnoop »

They should have chosen a better name. There's already the Open Image Generator project, as well as people misspelling "opening".

Having said that, it does look interesting, if a bit overcomplicated.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Imperium galactica was awesome....trying this...
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

Would try it if I had hours, no... days to spare.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

HOOOOOOLEEEEEYYYY SHEEEEEEEIIIIITTT

Oh... hm. One developer, and he's working on a bunch of other stuff too. Ick... Hm... I dunno, I suppose if a few more people get on board there might be some hope.
SwiftSpear wrote:I never played the original IG, is this going to be an xcom type game where I have to put hours and hours into it before it starts making sense and getting fun?
More like... um... That one with Antarans. Mind blank... The one where the second one was good and the third was shit.

Master of Orion, that's it. Similar to that one, only real-time, with a story, and a much simpler tech tree, and a pretty impressive (for its time) colony management, space combat, and ground combat system.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Think of it as MoO without complex ship design but realtime fleet combat and isometric top down planetary construction and battles and money exploits and bluh bluh bluh... plus it's the only hungarian 4X game that I know of that was successful in any kind.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

How the hell does nobody know about IG except when someone else is talking about it?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”