Monday Night Combat free weekend!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

MNC has a free weekend on Steam now! It's kinda like crossing TF2 with DotA, the main focus is on pushing your creeps into the enemy base and having them open the moneyball's shields for you. It's fast paced and fun but please don't play assassin if you're new, it's easy to look like you're doing something right with that class but it's hard to actually make a difference to the battle so many people get caught up in bad habits.

If you log onto Steam you should see the game in your games library, just install it there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/
Neddie
Community Lead

Re: Monday Night Combat free weekend!

Post by Neddie »

I'll check it out, thanks for bringing it up.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Tried it for a few hours... kind of interesting. Tower Defense meets TF2 meets Borderlands, but ends up being less than the sum of its parts.

After a few hours I felt like playing the aforementioned games instead. They tried too hard to imitate, IMO. Didn't spend enough time polishing their few original ideas into things that would make the game stand out.

I think the best way to put it would be, if Valve decided to contract out Team Fortress 3 to a second-rate developer and didn't provide any guidance apart from the "Meet the..." videos, then released it without any QA, it would probably come out looking something like this.

Still, "Like a crappy sequel to a Valve game" isn't the worst thing in the world.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Combat free weekend, on monday night?? What the

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”