League of Legends - Page 43

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: League of Legends

Post by smoth »

oh, my bad man, Either way point still stands. That same aesthetic was what fucked up gods of war for me.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

I think BLC is more like a fighting game than a MOBA, team-based, tactical fighting game if you prefer. I can see why it appeals to some people but I can't play it for more than 20 minutes straight.
Gota

Post by Gota »

The great splitting has begun...
Regret

Post by Regret »

Place bets on announced free region switch being denied due to West servers overflowing.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I was assigned to east and all my friendslist is full of people from the west.
When i reconnect tomorrow i will have 0 people in my friendslist.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Guinsoo posted on the forum that they are going to remove the slow from the lizard buff. WTF?! how are junglers without CC (WW, Yi) going to gank now? also, so many carries are reliant on the slow lategame in order to be able to kite ppl (tristana, cait, ez...)

WTF?!?!?!
Gota

Post by Gota »

They keep changing the meta game...I dont get it...
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

Haha, yet another buff to junglesticks then!(as he doesnt need red) :D

He's so massively OP right now.. You go through your jungle till lvl 4, then you can gank any lane with the terrify, darkwind, drain combo for an almost certain kill. You hit lvl 5 and can solo dragon. You reach 6 and start rolling out the pentakills..
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Split Complete. Been assigned to EU West. Trying to login.

=> 30 min queue.

LOL ! :lol:

GJ RIOT !
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

So I decided to play a few games with veigar, since I own him from the pack I bought......

He has a decent laning phase, last hitting with his Q is easy AP, although he does have mana issues unlike annie/malz.....

Mid game he is a great at ganking or stopping ganks with his stun thingy, and the comet is just BRUTAL.

Late game I needed a change of pants...A team fight broke out and I was caught out of position (too close to the enemy team). I panicked and tried to place his stun on top of their team but I hit R instead and instagibbed their annie by smart casting it.......I about shat myself once I realized what happened.......

End of the game I had 1000 AP and could not be stopped......veigar is pretty fun if you ask me.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

So I decided to play a few games with veigar, since I own him from the pack I bought......

He has a decent laning phase, last hitting with his Q is easy AP, although he does have mana issues unlike annie/malz.....

Mid game he is a great at ganking or stopping ganks with his stun thingy, and the comet is just BRUTAL.

Late game I needed a change of pants...A team fight broke out and I was caught out of position (too close to the enemy team). I panicked and tried to place his stun on top of their team but I hit R instead and instagibbed their annie by smart casting it.......I about shat myself once I realized what happened.......

End of the game I had 1000 AP and could not be stopped......veigar is pretty fun if you ask me.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Tenacity boots gg veigar?;)
I think he is good late game but he is so pathetic in laneing phase that u just wont reach his uber levels unless u get carried by someone through early and mid game...
how are u gonna farm your mid AP lane against decent annie or brand?
Just gets denied of farm so easy...
IMO he cant stand up to many other ap casters in mid and aside from mid he has no place in current meta game...
Where will he go?
jungle-no he just can't
top solo-no, he has no sustain
bottom versus ad plus support?no way.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

Annie is easy to deal with actually, beat two in mid today. Just last hit with Q like she will try to do......only you get AP while hers is free. If she tries to harrass you with Q use the stun and comet and Q her ass. The only issue is tibbers....I played pretty passive untill she blew it.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Ive mained Veigar for my first 300 wins or so. And Im playing him still from time to time only recently I gave him another chance. First of all a reply to what Gota said:

- mercs wont save you from dark matter hit of a good veigar. It might be a bit more difficult early game where your stun doesnt last long so youd have to drop DM first and stun afterwards. lategame you dont even have to bother.

- veigars laning phase is pretty shit indeed. there are basically 2 reasons for this. 1) VERY mana hungry, you have to last hit every minion with Q which leaves you no mana to harass your opponent. your autoattacks are short range so thats useless in comparisson to say annie or anivia.
and even if you had enough mana you dont want to waste your CDs to harass you want the AP. I tried to even that out my making veigars early game stronger, yellow and blues mana reg, philo stone, 3 dorans rings. It kinda works but its still not "great".

- and last but not least and that is why i finally had to realize why veigar is bad (sad but truth) annies problem in teamfights is that her spells are close range but it kind of ok cuz she gets an amazing shield and stun on her casts, so when you attack the enemy you stun them too. what does veigar have? nothing. and that is although his spells are rather close range too. annie has 2 AoEs, veigar has 1 and that is difficult to land without stuns. akali, irelia, xin zhao *insert another anti-carry here* on the enemy team? well, that means you will die EVERY SINGLE TEAMFIGHT.

Veigar works in lower elo but with the people i play with he is just not viable. i mostly play normals cuz i usually play with friends but i meet a lot of top eu players, last week ive played with xpeke, sk severus, lyumi before that with tilki, attackman, blunatix etc.

If you check LoCicero s profile on US, who i consider a pretty good AP carry, he plays veigar often and the last time i checked his win ratio with him was like 38%?

my final conclusion: veigar is not viable

but ill still play him cuz he was my very first main.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

I cant recall whos stream it was, but on some pro players stream I saw a veigar tear it up at ~2100 elo.....Ofcourse I am not a good enough player yet to judge if it is a case of other casters doing his job better, or him being flat out unviable...

I am actually finding him a lot of fun, most champions I pick up I play a few games and say meh, but I think i will stick with veigar for a while (The closest thing to an AP carry I play is gragas, so maybe learning one is a good idea for when I start to climb to elos where team composition is more important than flat out carrying your teamates).

For my build I start with a dorans ring.....I find when starting out I always seem to have enough mana to sustain my Q last hitting, but I DID have mana issues laning against a teemo, where I constantly needed to have my stun up to stop his run really fast BS. As soon as I have enough gold I go back and pick up a tear of the goddess and boots (if I managed to FB or get a kill in lane, maybe sorc boots or blasting wand too).

I think an early tear is a good item on veigar because his Q will fill it up in a reasonable amount of time, and more mana is good for his passive (when your mana regen starts ramping up you have more of a mana cushion). Afterwards I just grab rabbadons deathcap. Once I get the deathcap its pretty much good game to who ever is in lane with me, and when we start roaming the aoe stun makes you REALLY REALLY nasty at catching people out of position and blowing them up....(literally, blowing them up...)

After that I really don't know what to get, I have been getting morellos for the CDR which works nicely with his fairly long CDs, and then voidstaff. After than I finish the archangels and probably build another one....but that is if the game really drags on.

If I am doing poorly (taking a lot of damage in teamfights) I will get a banshees somewhere in the build....

Oh yeah, standard caster masteries (9-0-21) and some goofy mix of the runes I could afford..
Gota

Post by Gota »

As far as tear goes i think all top elo players complete it into lichbane or manamune asap, i guess a tear is too expensive to not be giving any damage for such a long time except in ryze's case i guess.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

But its cheap......And you get very little AP for the cost if you don't charge it first.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Played super retarded ranked game just now ^^
Corki and ryze were both middle,udyr top solo was failing on cs versus Sion! at a ratio of 1-3 CS malphite was solo bottom....
Than malphite would leave lane and go to gank top, from bottom!!!
This is all happening in a ranked game...
Ryze and corki spent all game focusing rammus...

I swear this is one of the worst teams iv ever played with and the first time i see 2 in mid and actually staying there....
sigh, Eastern European servers....
Gota

Post by Gota »

I hate not being first pick cause than noobs dont know to ban GP and TF and if enemy team has one of them its that much harder to play..
Not to mention that a first pick as malphite is just retardation...
smoth

Post by smoth »

Malph sux now

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”