League of Legends - Page 25

League of Legends

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: League of Legends

Post by smoth »

Noruas wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUeZTPFz ... re=related my experience was similiar to this to HoN. And there is nothing anyone can do to make go back, the 30 dollars will be forever lost in time.
same
Panda

Post by Panda »

Noruas wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUeZTPFz ... re=related my experience was similiar to this to HoN. And there is nothing anyone can do to make go back, the 30 dollars will be forever lost in time.
:shock:

I'm glad I haven't played that game.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Panda wrote:
:shock:

I'm glad I haven't played that game.
You played lol its exactly the same pretty much

The guy just dramatized everything.

Got around 1000 hon and 600 LoL games under my belt and the level of rage is near identical.

The guy who made the vid is an obvious lol fanboy trolling and trying to portray HoN in a negative light when the matter of fact is that both communities are equally bad.

5v5 team game where you actually have to cooperate with random allies will lead to raging.

Also I love how some of you bash HoN when it seems most of you haven't/barely tried it.

Don't debate/argue until you have proper experience in both games. (PS dota is as bad as HoN/LOL its just the nature of the genre)

I played 3 games of LoL today and 2 games of HoN.

In all 3 LoL ranked games someone raged and and people wanted to report each other to the tribunal, in 1 of the HoN game one guy raged and the other was perfectly fine with 0 rage.
Last edited by Otherside on 04 Jun 2011, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Not really even close. Hon players pretty much internet dickwad it up unless they know you.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Coresair wrote:AP TF? terrible....

I don't play him so I cant help you, but AD/AS is the way to do. Abuse your really OP ulti too.
Wow. How can you make such bold statements? AD/AS TF might be better for splitpushing but apart from that AP TF is much more superior.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

even if LoL is the vastly inferior game, it's still what we all play, and what this thread is about.

otherside you're not helping your case much by responding to (almost) every comment about HoN aggressively and defensively. you like HoN more, thats cool... you feel LoL is a waste of time, thats cool too... but at this point though you're just banging your head against the wall because i'm pretty sure that through this thread you haven't changed anyones mind.

might as well be telling me that instead of playing LoL i should sharpen pencils and jam them in my eyes; regardless of the validity of your points, their worth is lost in your tone.

as far as the whole "community is worse or better" thing that many have spoken about... just make friends ingame and matchmake with them. i've done that in EVERY multiplayer game i've ever had, its not hard, you just have to be vocal, friendly, and a team player.

almost every "LoL sucks" or "HoN sucks" that you can find via google is an account of a single players personal experience in that game, rather than an account of the difference between the two games as a whole.

its a new genre... a new DotA clone could come out tomorrow to effectively sink both games, so who cares. in a few years nobody will give a shit about either one ;)

edit: lol @ coresair

double dubplate edit : i doubt ANY game could be as consistently bad as whats shown in that vid :D

triple dipple edit : i would be playing HoN if that was what my friends were playing, there's not a doubt of that
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

The only time I see AP TFs doing well is when they just sit back and KS. Honestly I hate them.
Aether_0001

Post by Aether_0001 »

IMO usually when AD and AP both seem viable, AD provides a more reliable damage source and usually works better. Like TF. Eve may be disputable, but kassadin is the only real exception to that rule.
Panda

Post by Panda »

League of Legends, Urf The Manatee :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4HpkXr4 ... ture=feedf

Urf died! :cry:
I liked LoL and am glad that Urf haunts the Halloween map.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

My point isn't even defending HoN.

I agree the HoN community is ragey but when people make blanket statements like zomg HoN Is ragier than LoL and the community is full of ass clowns when LoL is identical its just retarded.

Seriously id put replays of my recent LoL games so you can see the pure rage/report abuse in pretty much every single game but LoL still doesn't have that feature or even a chat parser after like what 2 years of release.

Smoth is just a hypocrite bashing a game he has never tried when he himself hates it when people baaaaaw about shit they don't know about.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Otherside wrote:he has never tried.
When I was your age, dirt was Newerth
sup.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Panda wrote:League of Legends, Urf The Manatee :-)

HAHA

Id give my left hand to have the WW urf skin!!!
Gota

Post by Gota »

Otherside wrote:stuff
Dude, in the video it says "This is created for´╗┐ fun only and does not represent real HoN community".

By the way does HoN have a tribunal equivalent?I think its a pretty good system and fasl reports are usually treated appropriately.

Im happy LoL doesnt have ingame voice.
On one hand it would be awesome to communicate to randoms to play better but it also means id have to hear rage and cursing...
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

we can all agree that all games contain mass amounts of lead paint, albeit different flavors 8)
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Coresair wrote:The only time I see AP TFs doing well is when they just sit back and KS. Honestly I hate them.
Wh1t3zz (US server) and kestrel (EU server) are too over 2k elo players that made it there by playing AP (mostly) TF through the solo queue. Those are not the only examples but the ones I've witnessed personally.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Otherside wrote:My point isn't even defending HoN.

I agree the HoN community is ragey but when people make blanket statements like zomg HoN Is ragier than LoL and the community is full of ass clowns when LoL is identical its just retarded.

Seriously id put replays of my recent LoL games so you can see the pure rage/report abuse in pretty much every single game but LoL still doesn't have that feature or even a chat parser after like what 2 years of release.

Smoth is just a hypocrite bashing a game he has never tried when he himself hates it when people baaaaaw about shit they don't know about.
You are advertising HoN throughout this thread with dozens of posts, constantly criticizing and comparing LoL to HoN.

You call out others on being hypocrites when you yourself are one. Make a thread about HoN if you want to discuss HoN, stop derailing this thread and attacking others.
Valheru

Post by Valheru »

Aether_0001 wrote:IMO usually when AD and AP both seem viable, AD provides a more reliable damage source and usually works better. Like TF. Eve may be disputable, but kassadin is the only real exception to that rule.
Who the hell plays AD kassadin o.0
Stack some AP (with a rushed soulstealer) and go abuse your massively OP ulti.

Sources? I play him ;)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

smoth wrote:
sup.
wow you quoted bubbles must have bucket loads of experience.....
smoth

Post by smoth »

Otherside wrote:
smoth wrote:
sup.
wow you quoted bubbles must have bucket loads of experience.....
"never tried" smoth knows who bubbles IS... must have tried it.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Gota wrote:
Panda wrote:League of Legends, Urf The Manatee :-)

HAHA

Id give my left hand to have the WW urf skin!!!
Urf would slap you with a spatula if you stood next to his grave with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIK3ZW-L ... r_embedded

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”