Wikileaks - Page 16

Wikileaks

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Wikileaks

Post by Forboding Angel »

AF wrote:Just because I need to keep my PIN number secret to manage my finances effectively doesn't mean I need to cheat on my partner and contract STDs and pass them on to them and keep it a secret to manage a relationship effectively.

There are secrets that are kept because they are necessary for diplomacy to function.

There are secrets that are kept because you did something you shouldn't have and you want to cover it up instead of facing the consequences or being responsible and not doing the wrong thing to begin with.

Stop confusing the two.
^^ This.

My whole point is that without any secrets at all, a government will cease to function properly, because invariably, a deal that benefits you and an ally is prolly gonna piss of 1 or 2 other allies, rinse/repeat and after a which shit just goes down the crapper. That's just one brief analogy.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Forboding Angel wrote:
AF wrote:Just because I need to keep my PIN number secret to manage my finances effectively doesn't mean I need to cheat on my partner and contract STDs and pass them on to them and keep it a secret to manage a relationship effectively.

There are secrets that are kept because they are necessary for diplomacy to function.

There are secrets that are kept because you did something you shouldn't have and you want to cover it up instead of facing the consequences or being responsible and not doing the wrong thing to begin with.

Stop confusing the two.
^^ This.

My whole point is that without any secrets at all, a government will cease to function properly, because invariably, a deal that benefits you and an ally is prolly gonna piss of 1 or 2 other allies, rinse/repeat and after a which shit just goes down the crapper. That's just one brief analogy.
Really? If everyones secret deals are released to the public, everyone will get pissed at each other beyond redemption? If there's such deals made that screw over some 3rd party so badly, is it a deal that should be made in the first place?

And keep in mind that what was released this time is really low level stuff, any intelligence agency with significant power should have had access to it nevertheless (though they might not give a fuck about most of this crap). It was just the general populace that was missing out (yes most of the content material of the leaks was already reported in some form too).

Sure it's awkward for the guys with good records as well to get their stuff released, but at least they can get recognised for doing their job well. I'd say some diplomatic awkwardness is pretty small price for unveiling the corrupt shit.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I've said it before, I'll say it again: This soldier is a hero.
Event Title:N5 0257Z
Zone:1 X US (NBI)
Placename:MM(E) 08-01B ROF: OE-GRID-SHR-OE
Outcome:null

S: 1 x US SOLIDER
A: 2nd DEGREE BURNS TO FACE
L: VB 4833 3484
T: 010257zAUG09
U: BLACKFOOT 3-7
R: DROPPING 9-LINE

TIMELINE:0257z SOLIDER OBTAINED 2nd DEGREE BURNS TO FACE WHILE BURNING FECES

UPDATE:0656z MEST OP REQUEST 9 LINE MEDEVAC FOR WOUNDED US SOLIDER