Congratz Dizekat !! - Page 2

Congratz Dizekat !!

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: Congratz Dizekat !!

Post by PicassoCT »

Indies book no addpages, you cant expect them to go coneheaded for our asses, like they do it for EA, Activision and UBI-Soft. Steam is offering the program, but it wont lend you a PR-Umbrella.
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

So this is something that is probably great on lsd but sober its just a colorful arcade shooter?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Eurogamer.net handed it a 7/10.
Gamezebo gave a 3.5 of 5 stars.
MMGN was less forgiving, with a 6.5 of 10.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Well, it IS extremely simple.
aegis

Post by aegis »

rps gave it an overall positive/approving review
TheEpicMang

Post by TheEpicMang »

as far as I understand, the whole thing revolves around being super sexy

would be cool to see this sexyness inside a proper, good space combat game

I honestly think this will be an important development in space games and will be used in future games
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Well overall what i have found out so far:

1: most-negative zine reviews are way more negative now than a while ago when the game had no audio stuff, no good music, and otherwise sucked more, had more issues, had precisely 1 type of bot behaving in an extremely dumb way, etc etc, AND was priced higher.

Whereas user reviews are far more positive now, there is shitton of user made videos on youtube, people going all "double rainbow" about it and so on.

I suppose the explanation is that some zines may be smelling the money now and want me to pay them for the advertising so that they'd give good reviews. Zine reviews used to drive sales, now zine reviews probably damage the sales a tiny bit (zines are getting more hits from people googling for my game, as opposed to my site getting more hits from zines).

2: gamezebo are quite assholes with their review, they asked me for free key, i gave one, then they make a review without even bothering to make their own screenshots, for all I know they didnt even play, plus some points are plain untrue (the playlist IS saved on exit, plus it is saveable, and was saveable from before they published review). Should not have given them the key.

3: wtf is with all that insigtful stuff about price, it's just only released. Not so much into this stuff to want it earlier, then wait till its cheaper, standard marketing practice.

4: I don't care so much. Based on my prior experience with zine reviews, the impact of zines is quite insignificant compared to impact of being in the main banner rotation on Steam.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

KDR_11k wrote:Well, it IS extremely simple.
played recent version? Topping highscores is never extremely simple task at all. Though i have some exploitable glitch at the moment, about to fix and reset leaderboards.
Either way, thing is with music games, you just play those to rock out to the music. Like sandbox games, you play those like playing in a sandbox. Or good ol stuff like tetris n shit. Or strategy games, you play those as strategy game not as tetris. Imagine all games were tetris like, then spring wouldn't even be a game. Some sort of weird warfare simulator. Spring's score on tetris gaming is 0, and tetris's score on RTS gaming is 0.
The bottom line is you play games to have fun and pass the time, and for each person theres the favourite kind of gaming for passing the time..
Last edited by dizekat on 10 Nov 2010, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

dizekat wrote:I suppose the explanation is that some zines may be smelling the money now and want me to pay them for the advertising so that they'd give good reviews. Zine reviews used to drive sales, now zine reviews probably damage the sales a tiny bit (zines are getting more hits from people googling for my game, as opposed to my site getting more hits from zines).
Lol, thats interesting. Try contacting them and ask how much you need to pay to get 1 score higher :-)
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

TradeMark wrote:
dizekat wrote:I suppose the explanation is that some zines may be smelling the money now and want me to pay them for the advertising so that they'd give good reviews. Zine reviews used to drive sales, now zine reviews probably damage the sales a tiny bit (zines are getting more hits from people googling for my game, as opposed to my site getting more hits from zines).
Lol, thats interesting. Try contacting them and ask how much you need to pay to get 1 score higher :-)
i don't think it'd be worthwhile yet. IDK how many sales i could gain from all star reviews, but i'd guess other forms of advertising pay off better.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I saw some guy playing this on his laptop at school today, was really awesome. I wandered over and told him I'm internet chums with the guy who made it and he didn't believe me. Then I started reeling off a load of random facts about Dize and he was like wow. I felt cool.
scifi

Post by scifi »

well just droping by congrats, its a nice game :wink:
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

how many copy did you sell dizekat ?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Keep an eye on Steam, Polynomial will be part of the Indie Beat Pack... so far the packs look like they'll be going for $5.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/sho ... tcount=241
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Ya no shit. I agreed on that pack deal, then found out that Valve put AudioSurf at quarter the price for 2.5$ before that pack.
People will be buying pack because they want Polynomial or Beat Hazard or Rhythm Zone or Bit Trip Beat at about half the price, but not because they want Audio Surf, those who wanted AS cheap got it already. And it so happens that my title is the second most popular in this pack at the moment (after AS) as far as i can see from the Casual top sellers list. So basically, for AS, the pack is just free money. Meh.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Jazcash wrote:I saw some guy playing this on his laptop at school today, was really awesome. I wandered over and told him I'm internet chums with the guy who made it and he didn't believe me. Then I started reeling off a load of random facts about Dize and he was like wow. I felt cool.
hehehe. I feel famous.

Satirik: well, basically, enough for living nicely, but for some good reasons i need shitton of money now so i'm going to have to keep working on that thing, even though i am tired of it and burned out and would rather just slack off for few months. Gonna have to improve gameplay a ton.
Maybe Spring should put together something commercial and put it on Steam. Some of KDR's games might go very well.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Pulse pack is on sale now.

Either way, nothing will ever top the "humble indie bundle" for having one freeloader - nobody wanted Lugaru.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Pxtl wrote:Pulse pack is on sale now.

Either way, nothing will ever top the "humble indie bundle" for having one freeloader - nobody wanted Lugaru.
Haha, ya. At least audio surf isn't an outright terrible game.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Ok i'mma gonna leak a tiny easteregg of The Polynomial. Turn off music, then press 3. You can try pressing 3 several times. Especially cool on speed boost. Works in the demo too.
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

Very fun and addicting game - just bought the full version.

I tend to experience crashes after playing for a while, though. Eventually the level fills with so many enemies that my framerate begins to drop significantly (GeForce 450 GLS), and then it crashes. Do I just have wacky game settings or something?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”